New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ipod touch 2g vs 3g

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pokeman89

pokeman89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 DP 867MHz MDD, 660GB HD Space, 1.5GB RAM, Radeon 9000 PRO, Superdrive

I was looking towards upgrading to an ipod touch within a month or two. I was looking between the 32GB models, a 32GB refurb from the apple store or the current generation 32GB. I've read about the faster processor thing but how much better is the 3g over the 2g, and how will the average person see that difference? Do either of them support flash? how is the wifi on it, and are there any issues I should know of? is a new 3g really worth the $50 extra over the refurbed 2g? and do either require specific headphones like I know the shuffle does, the pic of the 32gig touch shows volume control on the headphones and that has me slightly worried that I will have to pay $50 if I ever want to buy new headphones.

I dumped my iPod touch for a Samsung Galaxy S phone. I like my expandable memory and flash support
QUOTE Thanks
pokeman89

pokeman89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 DP 867MHz MDD, 660GB HD Space, 1.5GB RAM, Radeon 9000 PRO, Superdrive

Can anyone who has owned either tell me of their likes and dislikes, specifically in terms of hardware?

I dumped my iPod touch for a Samsung Galaxy S phone. I like my expandable memory and flash support
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

I have an iPhone 3GS, so I can't comment on the Touch, but I can pick off a couple of your concerns. Neither will support Flash at this time, and although Apple now offers headphones with the controls on the cord, the iPhone is backward compatible with all headphones. You can still use the controls on the iPhone even if they are duplicated on the cord of the headphones. I'm sure the Touch is set up similarly.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

The 3G Touch is supposed to have 50% faster performance.

Here's more info:

What are the differences between the iPod touch 3G (Late 2009) and the iPod touch 2G

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is my ipod touch 2nd generation or 3rd generation? | Music transfer from iPod to iPod »