Angry Ipod touch 64gb mic stopped working

I recently bought a 64gb Ipod touch. I have to say that it is the best thing I have ever bought...amazing. However I noticed recently after an upgrade to 3.1.2 (7D11) that the microphone is no longer working and the Nike+ voice prompts appear to be quieter than usual.

Given that my pod is only a month old I am shying away from blaming hardware and more towards this latest update.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB Hardrive, Overclocked (9700m GT) 9600m GT
    Maybe you can try Restoring it. It sounds like a something went wrong installing the driver when you were installing the new software. I suggest restoring the ipod. Restoring it erases everyone and you start from scratch. So I am almost positive that will fix it. If not take it into the Apple Store, cuz it may be a hardware issue.

I tried a restore..etc and still no working mic. So I visited my local Apple store to see if they could fathom out what was wrong.

It appears that the mic was shorted as they tried a new pair and they worked. I think the problem lies with sweat getting into the microphone pod during a work out. They are not sweat proof!

Apparrently another symptom of "sweat contamination" is your touch pausing or restarting songs by itself.

Oh well.

They will change them as long as they are under warranty.

Thread Information