New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Should I get an Ipod.. Which Type?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nik Nax

Nik Nax is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD

I am strongly considering an Ipod and was wondering if I really need one I have $700 to spend..
I am considering..
Ipod Touch (8G) (16G) (32G)
Ipod Classic
Or.. Ipod Nano
I am going to use this Ipod too..
-Download and Listen too 500-5000 songs (2386 purchased in Itunes)
-Take Pictures Possibly Video
-6-10 hours a day (Battery Life)
-Internet browsing would be nice but not necessary
I am not going to use this Ipod for/As
-Gaming*
-A phone lol I-Phone
-A weapon

Thanks I appreciate your comments.

www.oblivinious.webs.com
Oblivion Level 51 Sorcery Archer
Halo 3 MLG 50

QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Sounds to me like you would really want an iPod Touch. They don't make the 16GB version anymore so I would suggest that you get either the 32 or 64, unless you find a used 16. If your wanting video on there, and lots of it might as well go 64 with all that money to spend on one.
QUOTE Thanks
Nik Nax

Mac Specs: Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd51 View Post
Sounds to me like you would really want an iPod Touch. They don't make the 16GB version anymore so I would suggest that you get either the 32 or 64, unless you find a used 16. If your wanting video on there, and lots of it might as well go 64 with all that money to spend on one.
Thanks man Except I don't need the Games and Apps.. How high can the memory get on a classic/Nano?

www.oblivinious.webs.com
Halo 3 MLG 50

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Looks like you're caught somewhere between an iPod touch and an iPod nano. The touch will offer you the internet browsing but the nano is going to provide you with the video recording (it can't take pictures).

The touch offers more space than the nano. However, even the nano's largest capacity of 16GB will provide you with enough space for 2,000 - 3,000 songs, depending on what format you have them encoded. But if you want space for close to all your 5,000 songs, then you'll need more space, and the touch provides just that with 32GB or 64GB. The extra capacity will also be useful if you ever decide to watch videos on it.

If taking videos isn't that big of a priority for you, then I'm thinking you will be most happy with the 32GB iPod touch. 64GB if you definitely want all of your music and a bunch of extra space for future expansion.

Heck, with a $700 budget, you could buy both!

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Hmm..well if it were me I would get the Touch. Simply because of the bigger screen if your wanting to watch videos on it. Plus, you may not have any need for the games and apps, but trust me, you might get addicted to them once you try some of them out. especially if your near WiFi spots a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
nbrowser

nbrowser has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB

The iPod Classic (current model) has 160Gb of space....apparantly up to 40,000 songs acorrding to Apple which I'd even have a hard time making a dent in the space of.....even my new Clasic 120gb....I'm only consuming a little under 8Gb of.....

This is a multiplatform home !
QUOTE Thanks
Nik Nax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Looks like you're caught somewhere between an iPod touch and an iPod nano. The touch will offer you the internet browsing but the nano is going to provide you with the video recording (it can't take pictures).

The touch offers more space than the nano. However, even the nano's largest capacity of 16GB will provide you with enough space for 2,000 - 3,000 songs, depending on what format you have them encoded. But if you want space for close to all your 5,000 songs, then you'll need more space, and the touch provides just that with 32GB or 64GB. The extra capacity will also be useful if you ever decide to watch videos on it.

If taking videos isn't that big of a priority for you, then I'm thinking you will be most happy with the 32GB iPod touch. 64GB if you definitely want all of your music and a bunch of extra space for future expansion.

Heck, with a $700 budget, you could buy both!
Ok well thanks I think Ill pick up a 64G Ipod Touch tomorrow . Can't wait

www.oblivinious.webs.com
Halo 3 MLG 50

QUOTE Thanks
Nik Nax

Got my new I-Pod . Ipod-Touch 64G with a 4 year replacement warranty uploading my library now, thank for the help !

www.oblivinious.webs.com
Halo 3 MLG 50

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Glad to be of help

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nax View Post
Got my new I-Pod . Ipod-Touch 64G with a 4 year replacement warranty uploading my library now, thank for the help !
Congratulations! Trust me, just start browsing through the App store and check out some of the awesome Apps and Games available for download. As the commercials say, there is an App for just about anything you can think of. You'll be addicted to the little gadget before you even know it!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The new Shuffle - headphones? | Deleted email keeps coming back »