New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - My Ipod Nano Is Dead

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ravneet

ravneet is on a distinguished road

Its all dead, is not getting charged, not even showing in iTunes nor computer! I searched it on google allot about it, but mostly answers says.. Do restart it by holding centre key and play key together for long time. Can any one believe that i hold those 2 keys for even 25/30 minutes. My fingers got tired but my ipod nano is still dead. Don't know what to do? M very tensed and worried about it? Please anyone give solution of my problem??
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravneet View Post
Its all dead, is not getting charged, not even showing in iTunes nor computer! I searched it on google allot about it, but mostly answers says.. Do restart it by holding centre key and play key together for long time. Can any one believe that i hold those 2 keys for even 25/30 minutes. My fingers got tired but my ipod nano is still dead. Don't know what to do? M very tensed and worried about it? Please anyone give solution of my problem??
What generation nano is it?

Has the battery been showing signs of dying recently?

I've got a 4-year old 1st gen nano with the original battery. I hope it lives forever but I don't expect it will.

I feel your pain.

www.dynostep.com
engine simulation software
QUOTE Thanks
ravneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbohn View Post
What generation nano is it?

Has the battery been showing signs of dying recently?

I've got a 4-year old 1st gen nano with the original battery. I hope it lives forever but I don't expect it will.

I feel your pain.
Actually i attached it with my car's speakers. I didn't did any setting or something like that. When i disconnect it from there, its dead after that and never came back!! I don't know about 1st gen and all. Tell me how to tell u??
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Actually i attached it with my car's speakers. I didn't did any setting or something like that. When i disconnect it from there, its dead after that and never came back!! I don't know about 1st gen and all, what is written at the back of it. That i am sending it to u.. Its Model number is A1236 EMC No. 2174, its of 4gb & its serial number is ABC123XYZ890.
Removed the serial number from your post. I would suggest not posting serial numbers for any of your equipment on any public web site.

This website is not affiliated with Apple. Even if it were, don't post serial numbers in public areas.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
ravneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Removed the serial number from your post. I would suggest not posting serial numbers for any of your equipment on any public web site.

This website is not affiliated with Apple. Even if it were, don't post serial numbers in public areas.
Sorry for that, i didn't knew that.. I removed that and hope its not showing now on the post! So tell me, what's the solution for my ipod nano! what should i do? is there anything which can make it alive again...
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

No need for apology, not adding serial numbers is for your security, not ours.

See the troubleshooting steps here - provides info on how to reset and has links for further steps if the reset is not working.

QUOTE Thanks
ravneet

I have never noticed this step - On recent iPod models, when the battery is completely empty, your computer may not recognize your iPod for upto 30 minutes even though it's connected and charging., so today i am going to try this one and then let u know. u gave a ray of hope.. thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ravneet

Quote:
I have never noticed this step - On recent iPod models, when the battery is completely empty, your computer may not recognize your iPod for upto 30 minutes even though it's connected and charging., so today i am going to try this one and then let u know. u gave a ray of hope.. thanks
No, nothing happened! I attached my ipod nano with computer more than half an hour, as it was suggested.. but it didn't got start. tell me what to do
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

If you've gone through all the troubleshooting steps one at a time and nothing works, would indicate to me it's probably dead.

I'd either call Apple, find a 3rd party repair center or buy a new one.

QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

Quote:
No, nothing happened! I attached my ipod nano with computer more than half an hour, as it was suggested.. but it didn't got start. tell me what to do
When you connect it to your computer does the nano screen give any indication of being connected or of being charged? Mine shows a flashing circle/slash symbol with the words: "Do not disconnect."

www.dynostep.com
QUOTE Thanks
ravneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbohn View Post
When you connect it to your computer does the nano screen give any indication of being connected or of being charged? Mine shows a flashing circle/slash symbol with the words: "Do not disconnect."
Its just blank, nothing appears on the screen. Its totally black out on the display. I mean it appears like when an iPod is OFF
QUOTE Thanks
ravneet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
If you've gone through all the troubleshooting steps one at a time and nothing works, would indicate to me it's probably dead.

I'd either call Apple, find a 3rd party repair center or buy a new one.
Not any other way to switch it ON Is everything over!!
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

Quote:
Not any other way to switch it ON Is everything over!!
Yes.

www.dynostep.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Size of albums | Speck Candyshell--please help?! »