New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Ipod Touch Problem with Screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brightonluv

brightonluv is on a distinguished road

So I have a first generation, 16 GB ipod touch and after I've been using for a while in one session it will start freaking out. The touch will act crazy and click in places I don't click, and weird enough if I put my finger close enough to the screen it will slide around like I'm touching it... but I'm not. I have to turn the ipod off and wait about a min of 20 mins before it stops acting strange.

I hope this describes my problem. Anyone else dealt with the same thing?? Thanks for any help.

Oh I just wanted to add that I've tried restoring my ipod, cleaning the screen (i used to have a protective cover on it, but I took it off thinking it might be causing the weird touch movement) and resetting the ipod doesn't do anything right away...
QUOTE Thanks
brightonluv

update: still having the problem anyone??? anyone have an answer for me?

i just dont understand how it can be working perfectly one minute and then freak out!
QUOTE Thanks
brightonluv

okay soooo it started doing it again and i filmed it... i guess it pinpoints my problem. and the whole clicking in weird places i guess only happens on that strip. but its so annoying and basically makes the ipod unusable.

YouTube - my ipod freaks out sometimes...

anyone else get this?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 4th gen nano auto ejecting on connection? | Ipod Touch Purchase »