New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - anyone recommend the latest iPod shuffle

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

therichad

therichad is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB

I was wondering about the latest iPod shuffle with voiceover. I want an ipod for working out (lifting weights, running/walking). I have an iPhone 3G but I don't want to risk dropping it when I am working out. Would you recommend the iPod shuffle or the new iPod nano?

Once you go Mac you never go back (to PC)
Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
Lycoming

Lycoming will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook

It works and has plenty of memory, it's very light, even a biker could carry it most of the day. I have my doubts about the position of the volume control. In the V would have been better. Supposedly there is an alternative headset in the pipeline, I find the usual buds uncomfortable and they allow too much ambient noise in.
QUOTE Thanks
therichad

Mac Specs: 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB

Thanks Lycoming. Would you rather have the iPod nano or the iPod shuffle for working out?

Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
Lycoming

Lycoming will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook

For pure convenience in a gym, ie "I just want some music to take my mind off the pain" the shuffle ticks the boxes. It's inconspicuous and will not get in your way. My daughter has the nano and I'd be more frightened of bending it.

The shuffle is also now available in "Village People Pink" but you really don't want to go there, unless wearing Lycra!
QUOTE Thanks
therichad

Yeah I think the shuffle is the way to go when working out and you're right I would be worried about ruining the nano plus it's a lot more money. And I have the iPhone so I really don't need the features that the nano has

Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
Doctor_Tattoo

Doctor_Tattoo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" Macbook Pro 2.26, 4GB Ram, 160GB HD, WD 2TB, 24" ACD. iPad 64GB 3G. iPhone 4 32GB Unlocked.

I have a black 4GB with the scosche tap stick. Without the tapstick I don't think I would like the shuffle, but with it is pretty nice. The tapstick makes it slightly bigger but it's still small and light, you really don't notice it when running or biking.

All in all i like mine.

funny side note, I really didn't know it did the voice over thing, I had it plugged in in the car one day and held the tapstick button too long and it started talking and nearly made me drive off the road!!! (the volume was rather high)

Shawn
QUOTE Thanks
bettencourt

bettencourt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: OSX10.9.0 MBA 2012 1.8Ghz/4Gb/128/ Iphone4/5S 16Gb

its small and cool but the problem are the headphones, u can only use apple headphones because the volume control is built in them... still its an awesome ipod

Save the water, drink beer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Line across screen | Problem with my iPhone battery life.? »