New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Problem transferring audiobooks from My Library to iPod mini

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hamgarn

hamgarn is on a distinguished road

I have an iPod mini. I have used it for years to listen to audiobooks from audible.com. Recently it started having problems transferring files from My Library to the iPod device. It is not a consistent problem - sometimes it will download an audio file and sometimes it won't.

I have reset the default configuration on the iPod several times. I have rebooted several times. I have updated iTunes tot he most current version and rebooted my PC. I have restored the iPod to update the firmware and downloaded a dozen or so audiobook files successfully. I just have problems intermittently.

I don't know what else to try, or how to figure out what the problem is.

I have had only one idea about what the problem might be:
I usually download files in format 3 (audible has 4 file formats called 1 - 4 which correspond to improved sound quality - higher number formats correspond to better sound quality and of course bigger file size; I usually go with format 3 because the sound quality of format 2 isn't great and the file size of format 4 is huge). The files tend to be 40-50 Mb in size. When I can't put a file of format 3 onto the device, I can usually put a file of the same story in format 2 (file size 30-40 Mb) onto the iPod. Is it possible that file size is the problem?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Turn artwork off for iPod iTunes 9 | Screen Protector Snafu - iPod touch 3rd gen »