Just bough new Nano, next generation comes out following day...
    I'm sure it was well known that the new generation nano was being released on these forums, but we weren't aware of it. Went to the local apple store, bought a Nano, and the next day they released the new generation.

What's incredibly annoying is that they don't tell their employees, so the girl wasn't even able to inform us it was going to be out the next day. If she had, we would have obviously waited. They said we could return it if we still had the original packaging which, of course, we threw away.

Anyone know of any repercussions for this? Any way to get it exchanged for a new one? or am I totally out of luck...

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
    im pretty sure you able to bring it back and they'll do an exchange....same thing happened to my friend he bought a macbook pro 13' two days before snow leopard came out.... after a day or two he went back and told them so they gave him a gift card of 10. and something cents to buy it on line....

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Nothing was well known on these forums pertaining to what Apple may or may not do as this forum has absolutely no affiliation with Apple.

And even if we were, if the Apple store employees themselves don't know the day before, how would we know.

No one here can provide you with a definitive answer to what Apple will or will not do. We can only speak to our past experiences and make educated suppositions.

I'd go back to the store and try again. You just may be out of luck without the packaging. But, only an Apple representative can tell you.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by azndragon684 View Post
    im pretty sure you able to bring it back and they'll do an exchange....same thing happened to my friend he bought a macbook pro 13' two days before snow leopard came out.... after a day or two he went back and told them so they gave him a gift card of 10. and something cents to buy it on line....
    Well, whoever answered the phone when we called the store about it didn't offer anything along these lines, and noted that her manager says must have packaging for returns. Maybe if we went in person? Tried another store? Went directly to apple instead of one of their shops?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    You're definitely better off going into the store and be sure to bring your receipt. However, it is very unlikely that they'll do an exchange without the original packaging as they can't even sell your iPod as refurbished or used without it. Though it's worth a shot as you may get a sympathetic manager.

June 2007
    July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    You're definitely better off going into the store and be sure to bring your receipt. However, it is very unlikely that they'll do an exchange without the original packaging as they can't even sell your iPod as refurbished or used without it. Though it's worth a shot as you may get a sympathetic manager.
    Thanks. Why would they not be able to resell if there's no original packaging? They have access to new packaging...or is there something special about the particular plastic box it came in?

Honestly, I don't care about the camera, and I don't really care about the bigger screen. I just thought the radio access would be a nice function to have. If I cannot return it, is there an accessory out there and can be plugged into the nano to receive radio?

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    This?

If you can get this for cheaper that would be nice and all. If it cost that price..then it might be a better deal to just return the one you bought and exchange for the newer version.

Always keep the original packaging for some time after the purchase of any product, at least on electronics.

Moreover, Apple packaging tends to be beautifully designed, i would have a hard time trying to throw one of them out.
    Intel iMac 24" 2.8Ghz / 4gb
    PowerBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz / 1.25gb
    2Gb Black iPod Nano 1G
    Canon 30D, recently inherited!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
    yeah..i was really surprised that my friend got the snow leopard...then again he didnt need to return anything..he actually did this twice cause he found out they had this printer deal and he went back(after doing the snow leopard thing) and they did some stuff and he ended up getting the free printer... weird...

but honestly yeah i wouldn't gave him since its not apples job to make sure you know whats deals are available and when the new stuff were coming out...but i was surprised how generous they were...

besides all that good luck...

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information