New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Not Dissing on Apple Products Here, But Really? XD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

der_kitty

der_kitty is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac G5 2 GHz 20 inch- IPod Touch 2nd Generation

Does the new Ipod REALLY have a camera? XD i mean phones have them. why Ipods? and is it really worth it?
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

They don't have cameras its just your imagination...

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

Yeah, that's a crazy idea. iPods will never have cameras.
QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

What's more wierd is I heard my wife's Nikon D90 is gonna have a PHONE next upgrade.

T
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light

It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

What's XD mean?

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
What's XD mean?
Let me google that for you

Haha

It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
Is it just me or is it not odd that the image results for that Google search result showed three guns and then a picture for Disney?

To the OP, you're allowed to say negative things about Apple - no need to have a disclaimer in the title. Just be constructive and/or don't be inflammatory.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
peterparker

peterparker is an unknown at this point

Ipod with cameras are quite funny to imagine..between what is XD..?:?
QUOTE Thanks
der_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
What's XD mean?
it seems many people want to know what XD is... it is a laughing face. X is the squinting eyes. D is the mouth WIDE open in laughter.

(read this all the way through for a stupid funny story at the end)

ok so My Ipod ironically went out. it would not hold charge and it would NOT sync which ticked me off to no end. So my only choice was to go exchange. after much dispute with Best Buy telling me that I have a mac(oh I will explain that in a minute), i finally got one. They were out of the older 4th Gen so I got the new 5th Gen... yes it does have a camera... NOT a still camera though, it has a video camera. XD (see laughing face)

I mean I didnt want this one I specifically asked for a Green 4th Gen IPod Nano. BUT they didnt have one. It seems they dropped the price by a LOT in many stores to get rid of them so they can pop in the new Nano with the camera. :/ but this one has advantages... ITS actaully pretty rad it has external speakers, I dont know how but it does...

OK so the stupid funny story;

the guy at Best Buy was rather rude, he denied ANYTHING was wrong with my IPod, he insisted it was the computer it self. He asked me what kind of computer I had, all I had to say was I have a Mac, he said "THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM! IPod is meant for Windows. Not Apple Computers"

HELLO! McGenius Apple MAKES The Ipod. and that shut him up off that Idea, he DID insist I buy a Windows computer, and he would give me a GREAT deal on a one year subscription of Norton Anti Virus, Windows 7 Upgrade, AND Cost of the machine. It would have costed me only $499.00 plus taxes... NO thank you im happy with Mac -.-
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Can you explain the XD again? I still don't understand.

It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Why NOT put a camera in an iPod? The biggest sale demographic for iPods is kids/teens/young adults...they always have them handy, so why not take video when the mood strikes?

WHAT'S THE POINT OF TOUCH TONE PHONES??? ROTARY IS T3H WORKINGZ!

QUOTE Thanks
der_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
Can you explain the XD again? I still don't understand.
XD- you it is a sideways smiley face. it is just like the one YOU made at the END of your message instead of something like which is a smiling face.
XD is the same concept. the X is two squinting eyes. and the D is the smiling face. XD.

thats as well as I can explain it.
QUOTE Thanks
mac747

mac747 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_kitty View Post
XD- you it is a sideways smiley face. it is just like the one YOU made at the END of your message instead of something like which is a smiling face.
XD is the same concept. the X is two squinting eyes. and the D is the smiling face. XD.

thats as well as I can explain it.
Right, we got that, but what's the XD stand for?
QUOTE Thanks
der_kitty

-.- just smile and nod, XD stands for nothing it is a smiling face. just dont ask anymore because I am sick of trying to explain this im running out of ways to do so.

ANYWAY! so I found that most people do not know this, but the new IPod Nano 5th Generation has video. I know this because my IPod Nano 4th Generation pooped out. Best Buy down by me was being a bunch of jerks. So I went by another one and they told me to pick out a colour. I noticed the new Ipods were shinier, more metallic than my 4th gen... as was the screen larger. I assumed it was a new feature to distinguish between the 4th and 5th gen. I had HEARD that the 5th gen has picture taking capabilities but didnt really believe it, thats one reason why I posted this, to see if I would get a reaction, to see if other people would confirm this. When I got to the car, I opened it up... sure enough there is an aperture thing on the back. It is NOT still photos, it is VIDEO...
here is a pic of the new one;

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« should I wait for Verizon | Turn artwork off for iPod iTunes 9 »