New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Apple Educational Store - iPod Touch Offer ends Sept. 8th

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gadje

gadje is on a distinguished road

You'll all know that Apple's currently enticing students to buy a MacBook/Pro for university by offering huge discounts on iPods when bought with them through the education store.

What I find interesting, however, is that this offer ends on September 8th - the day before the keynote speech, during which we anticipate the announcement of some new iPods and additions to iTunes.

I just wonder why Apple is ending the offer - in an attempt to sell off as much of their soon-to-be last generation stock as possible? Or perhaps because the new iPods will not be economically viable to give away? Or (and I really hope this is the case, although there is not a jot of evidence to suggest that this will happen) because they're going to drop the price of the current stock of MacBooks/Pro or upgrade them in some way?

Thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Selling off current stock to make way for the new lineup is generally the reason Apple has done this for the last several years.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
chrisplague

chrisplague is on a distinguished road

that would make the most sense..

or it could just mean that people are already in school by then
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I can see songs in I-tunes and IPOD, but cannot play them with VISTA 64 | How do I best use the sleep timer? »