New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Couple of Bluetooth Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TennsDog

TennsDog is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB

My first question is regarding bluetooth headphones, Motorola S9 in particular. One of the main uses I intend for them is to listen to music outside in the winter (walking to class and snowboarding), meaning the iPod would be in a rather thick jacket (probably inside pocket), and the receiver would be under a hood and/or inside a collar. Would this kind of obstruction cause any infidelity in the wireless connection?

My second question is related: I have an iPod Video (w/o bluetooth) and iPod Touch (w/bluetooth). I would ideally like to be able to use bluetooth headphones with both iPods. In theory, I feel like I could buy a cheap USB female to female adapter, plug in the charger cable to the video, connect that at one end of the adapter and a bluetooth dongle at the other end to enable my iPod Video with bluetooth. Is this reasonable or would it not work?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
TennsDog

TennsDog is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB

No ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
strayduck

strayduck is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15in Unibody Macbook Pro Rev. F (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM)

Bluetooth is pretty resilient so hiding the iPod in your coat and the receiver in your hood.

As for attaching a bluetooth dongle to your iPod via USB, I doubt very much if that would work. The OS in the iPod doesn't contain any hardware drivers, nor are any available that you could install.

You can get a bluetooth transmitter, they sometimes come with bluetooth headphones. It plugs in to the 3.5mm jack on your iPod and transmits the sound via bluetooth.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Docking Speakers? | Edge Connection to Ipod touch »