Unhappy Cracked iTouch 2nd Gen Screen.
    Well last night at a family party, my iPod Touch fell out of my pocket, and the screen has a thin crack from the top right corner, to the bottom left corner of the screen. But the thing is, my iPod Touch had a screen protector on it, AND a hard case from Griffin. I've dropped it before, but I guess it decided to break now.

But before I cracked the screen, I've been having internal problems as well. Like sometimes the home button wouldn't work. And then sometimes the volume wouldn't work either. Like it be at mute, and I'd try to maximize the volume, it'd go up, then it'd go back down again. (the volume) But they'd both work again if i restarted it, so i didn't think much of it.

I checked my warranty and apparently I have one.

I guess what I'm trying to see is that if I were to bring it into the Apple Store, would they be able to replace it for me? I know they don't cover broken screens, but if i told them about the home button and volume, would they replace it? Or would it just seem like I was making excuses? Would the cracked screen make them not replace it?

Also. If they don't I was thinking about fixing it myself. But I can't tell if it's my Digitizer that's broken, or my LCD. If i take off my screen protector, the screen feels smooth. There's no weird fuzzy lines, and the iTouch still works fine. If I don't fix it will the cracks get worse?

Wow, I asked a lot of questions. But thanks in advance for any answers.

Specs:
    -->
    They are not going to fix the screen under warranty as it does not cover the accidental damage. It could be the case that all problems will be blamed on the drop, but it never hurts to try. It can all be easily fixed in any case.

Will the crack get worse if I don't fix it ? It still functions fine.
    &How do I determine if it's the LCD or Digitizer that's cracked?

Specs:
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by Haydenn View Post
    Will the crack get worse if I don't fix it ? It still functions fine.
    &How do I determine if it's the LCD or Digitizer that's cracked?
    More than likely yes. Cracks tend to travel and over time I am sure that it will get worse. You will know right away if it is the digitizer as things will not work properly to the touch. I would guess that it is just the screen and it hit just right to crack it.

There is a place right next to my office called mission repair and they fix screens and digitizers for $99. They do a pretty good business and offer a quick turn around. You may want to give their site a look.

Thread Information