New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - iPod Touch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kenz12

kenz12 is on a distinguished road

My brother has the iPod touch and he loves it. But I kinda want one now too. Do you feel that it is really worth the 229 dollars?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Only you can answer that question. Do you have a need for all of the features that an iTouch provides? Do you want to be able to play movies, music, view photos and install various applications - essentially have a little Mac in your pocket? If you find yourself desiring those features, then you should enjoy it.

I have one and think it is fantastic. Best PMP I have ever owned. Read through the info here and better yet, read reviews online to see the benefits and pitfalls of owning one.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
sanddunes21

sanddunes21 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook, 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GBs of Ram, X3100 Graphics

Compared to other iPods it definitely has a lot more to offer - the touch screen, internet capabilities, etc. However, if you're going to get one I'd recommend waiting until September, as there is "supposed" to be a new one coming out.
QUOTE Thanks
Moondoggy

Moondoggy is on a distinguished road

I used the iTouch to replace my Palm Pilot. Best decision I ever made (well almost he he). the iTouch functions flawlessly as a PDA; you can sync your calendar from multiple providers (I use Google); enter your contacts on your Mac and sync to the iTouch. The wealth of productivity apps available is amazing, and most are free or $0.99. So I would say, yes, go for it!
QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

I too debated whether or not it was worth it, especially since I already owned a 30GB iPod Video, but I'm glad I bought the iPod Touch. Best iPod I've ever owned and it's definitely worth the money.
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

The question I would ask is:

Are you going to be getting a new phone soon?

I just recently bought a Palm Pre and now have no need for an iPod touch. As far as I know, many new phones coming out have wifi, music players, and application (albeit not as extensive of an offering as the iPhone/iPod).

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'll be getting a Palm Pre in March (depending on what else is out by then) so we'll see what happens with my iPod Touch after that... Right now I have the Sprint Instinct and wish I could use my iPod Touch for everything
QUOTE Thanks
stucano

stucano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz12 View Post
My brother has the iPod touch and he loves it. But I kinda want one now too. Do you feel that it is really worth the 229 dollars?
New one is coming out soon, so wait before you buy. the touch is definitely cool though, especially the internet feature.

ITSJUSTHOSTING.com
Affordable, Reliable Premium Web Hosting.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Could Not Be Restored - Can't Unmount?! | ipod white screen »