New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - iPod music to laptop!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MartynR

MartynR is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,
im new to this forum, and i didn't really know where to put this thread. OK, well, here's my story.

The other day while on my MacBook (the previous generation, its white), i was using MSN Messenger when i got "the white screen of death" or whatever it's called. We took it to the mac repair place and found out that the hard drive was messed up (sorry, i don't really know what happened). But i digress, the point of that anecdote is that i got a new hard drive so i have *nothing* on my computer besides the OS and basic things like firefox, etc. The only thing i really miss from my old computer are my notes for school, and my 7237 songs, which were also on my iPod.

I connected my iPod, but it tries to sync it to my new computer which has zero songs. i prevented it from doing that, but now i dont know how to transfer my songs to my computer. It's the same computer, but it won't let me because my iPod is already like registered with my old hard drive or something.

I tried enabling hidden files, and i copied the iPod music folder to my desktop, but the iPod like encrypts the folders and organization, so that none of the songs have their real names or folders or anything. I dont wanna deal with renaming and reorganizing 7000+ songs.

What can i do? Please help soon!
QUOTE Thanks
kahlil88

kahlil88 is a jewel in the roughkahlil88 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro A1151 2.16 GHz

Install MacFuse and copy them off with iPodDisk

There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels.
Join the FSF as an Associate Member!

QUOTE Thanks
MartynR

MartynR is on a distinguished road

i installed MacFUSE 2.0, i don't really know what it did or where it went, but the disk image is there. i installed iPodDisk, and it has all the organized folders and stuff. I copy the folder with my music, but when i paste it into my iTunes folder it gives me a bunch of error messages. i can't drag and drop them either.
what do i do?
sorry im such a noob

"it has not been tested on Intel Macs." according to the how to

I can't seem to do this. i've tried all the "solutions" posted as comments on the iPodDisk website. It keeps crashing, or giving me errors, and it just wont complete. most i have gotten is 2.59GB out of 35GB

is there any other way? >.<
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I would try this program instead. It's called EXpod.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Check the link in my signature.

Music Rescue. Did wonders for me when I switched from PC to Mac.

QUOTE Thanks
kahlil88

kahlil88 is a jewel in the roughkahlil88 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro A1151 2.16 GHz

"Copy and paste?" Did you try dragging the folder(s) from iPodDisk to a folder on the hard drive and then drag that to iTunes? Expod does look promising though if iPodDisk doesn't work.

There is no system but GNU and Linux is one of its kernels.
Join the FSF as an Associate Member!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen right side not working | How is iPod touch wireless? »