New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Problem connecting iPod Shuffle => iMac G5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I'm wondering, if anybody who has an iPod Shuffle and uses it with an iMac G5 has had any issue connecting to their iPod Shuffle. When I plug my iPod Shuffle into the back of my iMac G5, my iMac does not notice my iPod Shuffle; however, the iPod Shuffle LED does light up for a couple of seconds, then it stops. I tried every USB port, and it never wants to mount. I finally tried connecting the iPod Shuffle to a USB cord; it's like a extension cord for USB devices, not sure what the term is. Anyways, the iPod Shuffle connected to the iMac G5 using the extension cord in a snap with no problems. I have never had an issue with any of my other USB devices ever before by just simply plugging them into the back of my iMac. I definitely had the iPod Shuffle plugged in all the way, because I flex the back panel of my iMac trying to get it in. I even tested all of the ports and they work just fine. I really don't think this is a software or os problem, do you?

What the heck is going on?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody have at least some sort of answer for me? It doesn't have to be 100% right.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I think that because of the angle/location/position/angle of the usb ports on the imac, that the ipod shuffles usb doesnt stick out enough, or isnt long enough to make a full connection, which is whe the extension works. saw an article on apples site explaining this happening in some pbooks, some ibooks, and imacs, the usb plug just doesnt fit all the way in cause the size of the shuffle keeps it from going in all the way.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Yep, that seems to be it. I just remebered reading the instruction manual that some iPod Shuffle owners might need to purchase something through Apple to help this, but it would seem that they would write this for PC users. I was just concerned, because you would think that all Apple products would intergrate into one another seamlessly. Thanks for the response.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes library problem | Finally got a hold of the iPOD Shuffle Sport Case... »