New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - What is the name of that iPod Touch2nd Gen part?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thread Tools

Member Since: May 13, 2009
Posts: 3
smartlipo is on a distinguished road

smartlipo is offline
I need to replace a part in an Ipod Itouch 2nd gen but I do not know or cannot find the correct name of the part.

The part in question is the plastic clip/attachment that keeps the digitizer touch glass and button in place. When you crack the 2nd gen itouch open, it's what keeps the top part attached to the metal backside.

The plastic piece lines the edge of the Itouch and is the piece that keeps the button in place beneath the digitizer/touch glass/lens.

If the digitizer lens is separated properly, the piece in question is the plastic attached to the bottom of it.

I ordered the lens but it does not come with the plastic part that keeps it attached to the metal backing. I need the correct name in order to order some replacements

I called Apple, I talked to two regular techs and 2 hardware specialists....the best I got was that it was called the Upper Enclosure or Top Enclosure.

I've searched ifixit, macforums, and several other other sites but just can't seem tofind it.

Sorry for being redundant but I want people to clearly understand what I am talking about and not have them guess.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod touch or wait? | Ipod Touch OverRated? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Welcome to

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!

(4 digit year)

Already a member?