Thread: mp3 players..

mp3 players..
    okay so i am trying to getting opinions on mp3 players around 60gb-120gb size i am looking for something aimed more at audio quality as i am thinking of getting a touch for applications etc?

Thanks

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

mp3 players..
    so im looking for an mp3 player 60gb or bigger that is aimed more at audio quality than anything else and that will play well with mac. Really looking for opinions on other brands than apple, what sort of things are everyone else using?

thanks

60 GB or bigger? Are there any aside from the iPod Classic? Well there is the Zune (snicker), but it hardly plays well with Macs, if at all.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Merged redundant cross-posts.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
    Zune is great, but won't work with your Mac. iPod's sound quality isn't really great. I'd say, "Average" or right below "Above average" at best until you iMod/DIYMod it (which wil get even the most discerning audiophiles to say you basically reached the peak of DAP sound quality).

The Archos 5 is more of a video player, but still a bit better than the iPod (touch) in sound quality. But you wouldn't want to use headphones that cost as much as the player.

Nobody really does high capacity anymore. It's horrid. DAPs have went backwards. Good luck finding a high capacity that's going for sound quality. They all now try to use flash memory and put in too many bells and whistles.

You can try to get the iRiver H-140, but good luck with that. Sure it has 40GB (which like the iPod, you can mod it to get 240GB), but it has features to being a true audio player compared to most like the FM tuner and digital out. But being discontinued, you're way back in line with audiophiles doing everything they can to get it.

Head over to head-fi.org and go to the "Portable Source" section. Sorry about your wallet. Portable Source Gear - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

The Visual Portfolio
    I hate mac zealots as much as windows/other OS zealots.

Thread Information