New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - universal dock has no video feed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MSL001

MSL001 is on a distinguished road

I just purchased a new Apple Universal Dock and attempted to hoock up to my HD TV via apples Component AV cables and i can't get a video feed to the tv. I am using an 160gb ipod classic. I can get video if i plug the cable directly into the ipod but not through the dock. am I missing something simple here? the apple store replaced the dock for me and the new dock does the same thing. ???
QUOTE Thanks
cknight88

cknight88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic

the new dock with the rectangular IR sensor, sends the video out of the DOCK connector... thus needing the new dock connector to Composite AV cable. The OLD dock with the CIRCULAR IR sensor will send the video out of the LINE OUT 3.5mm jack.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
MSL001

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of that and the cables i have do connect via the dock connector.
QUOTE Thanks
cknight88

cknight88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic

sorry to hear that... erm the next thing i have to ask is... have you turned the video out to on, on the actual ipod unit itself? i know probably a stupid Q but you wouldn't believe how many people forget this...

many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MSL001

I have, yes. The video feed works fine with just the cable attached directly to the ipod just not when connected to the dock? have tried tried with NTSC and PAL I have tried with Widescreen and Standard. Nothing seems to help, I can play audio tracks while docked and even skip tracks, just no visual ques from the tv.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Think I'd take the 2nd one back also. Maybe you can get them to try it out in the store until they find one that works.

Either the dock is non-functioning or either the cable or ipod are not fully seated. Am guessing it's the dock from what you've done though.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ipod touch? My contacts for email | Restoring iPod problems »