New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

I got my iPod!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I got my iPod, I got my iPod!!!! Wahoo! Weeeeeee! Wahoo!! Now I need to figure this thing out
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

It's a great investment. Especially when you can hook it up to you car stero.

Congrats...

Which one did you get?

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

I got the 30Gb 3rd gen.. I do need to start getting the accessories now.. any that you would recommend?
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

I have a 30 gigger. Really nice machine.

I don't have any accessories. But a case other than the one that comes with it is probably a good idea. My iPod is all scratched ( tiny scratches ) because of the case.

Emrys
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Hmm.. yeah Im thinking of getting something a little better than the case that comes with it.. I saw one that you could access the front of the iPod which seems like an obvious choice for a case.. not sure why apple did it this way

Also looking at that fm tuner thing.. that looks real smooth. Im not sure how else to hook it into a stereo.. if you have some ideas I would love to hear them

Plus hmm.. oh maybe that earphone splitter to allow more than one person to jack into the iPod.. that would be pretty smooth

I am going to do a little more research today to see what else is out there. Found quite a few nifty little programs to use with my iPod though so am pretty stoked about them
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

You can get a headphone jack to RCA converter to get it into your stereo. That is how I have it setup to hook into my car stereo. The cable that I have is HERE at radioshack.com.

Emrys
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Wait a minute.. why didnt you get the one that "looks" good? That's a little too practical Emrys.. what's going on! *grin* It is about half the price also.. so I think I just might go for something like that instead of other ones they are trying to sell to iPod owners. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Exactly! You're talking about MP3/AAC's here. The quality is alread gone, why bother paying double, triple, for a gold plated wire that will do you no good.

Emrys
QUOTE Thanks
VermontIan

I have the 10 gig, I bought a better set of headphones, and headed to griffin and bought the fm adapter.. it's very nice.

The headphones they provide, are pretty poor. especially with low end frequency.

I wish they'd do an XM type adapter, then you'd never have to worry about a good station going out of range, and have to keep switching.

My soundcard had firewire, i was told by the best buy clerk it came with a usb adapter! ha !

i love those USB to firewire cable adapters, dont you?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Yeah I already had a decent set of headphones and so am now using them.. plus the headphones that came with it.. hurts my ears.. I think they are too big. I have some wraparound earbuds that work great.. they are not white, but they are definitely functional

Im looking at the iTrip, but it doesnt work on the 3Gen iPods.. so hopefully they'll have a new one some time soon.. and I can find a review on it and see how well it works before purchasing

*laugh* oh yeah.. great adapters
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« backlight color | Great Price on iPods! »