New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Issue with new Nano 4G

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

C00LAS1CE

C00LAS1CE is on a distinguished road

I had just gone to play some music after putting some in for the first time, when I realized that some of the music I had put into the iPod wasn't showing up. The ID3 tags are correct and even play fine in my iPod Classic, and yet for some reason my Nano doesn't recognize the album info for the same exact files, and also the files are showing up as double for some odd reason. Anyone know what's going on here? I provided a pic to better explain my situation.

Some other random questions: how do you select multiple items at once in iTunes? From what I've seen so far it looks like you can only select one at a time, which is a huge pain when trying to remove many files at a time. Also, when you choose "safely remove hardware" for the iPod it spends about 5 seconds waiting for the load bar to move while it says "OK to disconnect"...is it OK to disconnect it before that bar finishes?
QUOTE Thanks
deer dance

deer dance has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Soon to own

Is the iPod Classic the sixth or seventh generation? (80/160GB or 120GB)

If it's a sixth generation iPod, it could be that the differing software handles the files differently and the latest generation is a little stricter in what music it allows to copy onto it.

As for the selecting multiple files in iTunes, it appears as though you're using Windows, so simply click one file, then hold down the Ctrl key and select other files, and if I'm not mistaken, you can drag though and select a lot of them fast.

Proud Python Programmer/HTML Expert
Believer in Mac OS 7
QUOTE Thanks
C00LAS1CE

C00LAS1CE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer dance View Post
Is the iPod Classic the sixth or seventh generation? (80/160GB or 120GB)

If it's a sixth generation iPod, it could be that the differing software handles the files differently and the latest generation is a little stricter in what music it allows to copy onto it.

As for the selecting multiple files in iTunes, it appears as though you're using Windows, so simply click one file, then hold down the Ctrl key and select other files, and if I'm not mistaken, you can drag though and select a lot of them fast.
6th gen - 160GB. I already tried holding down control, didn't do anything.
QUOTE Thanks
deer dance

deer dance has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Soon to own

That's probably the problem then, there's very little you could do to correct it.
There are ways to correct the problem, but they're very complicated and if you could do it, you wouldn't be coming here for help

As for the Ctrl issue, the command may me different in Vista, I'm versed in XP and know little of the Vista architecture. Perhaps someone with experience in Windows Vista could offer the proper command?

Proud Python Programmer/HTML Expert
Believer in Mac OS 7
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod Shuffle USB Ribbon Cable Broke | Annoying display issues with last-gen iPod nano »