New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - itunes not recognizing new ipod touch!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

prettyinpunk

prettyinpunk is on a distinguished road

Whilst the floods of Christmas queries flood in, and new users are bewildered with their gifts I thought I should slip my question in...

I have literally torn into my new iPod touch, and full of excitement connecting to my macbook immediately! I was greeted by the cable and arrow pointing to the itunes icon screen on the touch... so I opened up iTunes but nothing else happened.

I am not sure if it recognized that I had plugged it in, so removed it, shut down and did it all over again for it to the same all over.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

try using software update to update iTunes first

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
prettyinpunk

what a kerfuffle! i managed to get the touch sync'ed to my parents mac, but i continue to have no luck with my macbook *sigh*. ive installed all the updates (being only safari to download), and i just want to put my music on the shiny black thing, but won't allow me
QUOTE Thanks
prettyinpunk

After a rush of energy from a round of sprouts, I did a manic search across the net and this seems to be a common problem.

Anyway, for those interested, and for future reference I managed to pull together a li'l process that seems to have sorted the problem out

1. Uninstall iTunes, and reinstall the newest version from the Apple site.
2. Hard reset your ipod touch, by holding down the menu and power button together for approx. 10secs.
3. Enjoy the syncing goodness!

I'm off to put Shaking Stevens onto my touch now! Season greetings peeps!!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shakin Stevens!!!!!

Anyhow, thanks for posting the solution

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nano 4G click wheel problem? | Accidentally purchased movie on iTunes twice. »