New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

How to double your iPod's Capacity

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GoTTi

here it is....

http://www.tokeup.com/forums/article.php?a=14
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

This is bleedin' obvious. Of couse AAC is a more efficent format than MP3.

But seeing as how it's from "www.tokeup.com" I suppose I have to give them some slack in the "telling people the bleedin' obvious" department. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
GoTTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltbanana314
This is bleedin' obvious. Of couse AAC is a more efficent format than MP3.

But seeing as how it's from "www.tokeup.com" I suppose I have to give them some slack in the "telling people the bleedin' obvious" department. :mac:
your a idiot. it doesnt matter if its from tokeup. this is what some guy on ebay has been selling and alot of people wanna know what it is.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTTi
your a idiot. it doesnt matter if its from tokeup. this is what some guy on ebay has been selling and alot of people wanna know what it is.
It's absolutely nothing. He is selling nothing to idiots. All he says is to set your AAC encoding to 96kbps

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Thats what I call elementary. Common-sense, pretty much...
QUOTE Thanks
Phiber

GoTTi's been 'hitting' that forum a bit too often..
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTTi
I absolutely refuse to lower myself to your level and get in a name calling match with you. The article is pointing out the obvious, and is not selling anything. Anybody who doesn't know the difference between MP3s and AACs will find the article helpful - but the article you posted doesn't do Mac-Forums much good. A lot of us here own iPods and I'm sure all of us know the difference between MP3s and AACs (I prefer AACs, myself.)

If you want to go call people names and post useless articles online, go visit Slashdot or K5.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltbanana314
I absolutely refuse to lower myself to your level and get in a name calling match with you. The article is pointing out the obvious, and is not selling anything. Anybody who doesn't know the difference between MP3s and AACs will find the article helpful - but the article you posted doesn't do Mac-Forums much good. A lot of us here own iPods and I'm sure all of us know the difference between MP3s and AACs (I prefer AACs, myself.)

If you want to go call people names and post useless articles online, go visit Slashdot or K5.
exactly. I use aac when and where I can, Ive grown sorta tired of mp3s.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I think that GoTTi only posted this as people have been wondering what this guy was selling on eBay a few days ago.

Basically he was selling a "trick" to double your iPods capacity for 10 Pounds on eBay.co.uk and everyone was trying to guess what this magical trick was.

GoTTi posted the answer, which is of course painfully obvious...as you quite rightly pointed out.

Just trying to help clear things up.

GoTTi: Don't call people names for not reading every single eBay listing there is.
QUOTE Thanks
GoTTi

well ne1 can take it how they want. dunno why it matters if it was posted on tokeup or if i have it listed on ipodlounge.com...either way it goes, yes its the walkthrough that this guy is selling on ebay...

i tried it and i didnt notice a lower quality on the songs...
QUOTE Thanks
GoTTi

hows this working out for yall if you tried it?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I encode my songs at 160kb aac which is perfect for me, as lower bitrates DO have a noticeable impact on sound quality.

If you're using the original earbuds, you might not notice much of a difference, but if you are using decent headphones or speakers, 64Kb AAC will sound like crap.

That's why apple claims 10,000 songs at 128kb aac - it's around the minimum bitrate you should use if you want your music to sound halfway decent .
QUOTE Thanks
vuschejan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich
I encode my songs at 160kb aac which is perfect for me, as lower bitrates DO have a noticeable impact on sound quality.

If you're using the original earbuds, you might not notice much of a difference, but if you are using decent headphones or speakers, 64Kb AAC will sound like crap.

That's why apple claims 10,000 songs at 128kb aac - it's around the minimum bitrate you should use if you want your music to sound halfway decent .
How would I go about changingall my songs to AAC 128 kb? I mean Some are some arnt.... so when I try it errors and quits whenever it hits the ones that are already like that.
QUOTE Thanks
GoTTi

im bout to do alot of songs, i did some songs and i didnt notice a diff, we'll see...
QUOTE Thanks
GoTTi

redid the site and had to repost. the article is now in a new location. njoy.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« U2 collection?? | Napster Gunning for iTunes... »