New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - iPod Classic (1st Gen.) Back from Dead

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

juventusfc99

juventusfc99 is an unknown at this point

About 6 months back I had an alcohol-related iPod accident. I was listening to my 80GB Classic outside on the back porch while enjoying some adult beverages. Now, the next part is kind of hazy but what must have happened is that I went inside for some reason, and while I was inside I must have gotten distracted into doing something, and it started to rain. I didn't realize till the next day that my iPod and (cheap WalMart) speakers had been sitting in the rain all night. The speakers still work to this day, but the iPod was dead...I guess the rain got down in the headphone jack and shorted something out. Now 6 months later my dad calls me and tells me that he tried to turn on the iPod and it finally worked again after 6 months and a night in the rain. I've now got it connected to my PowerBook syncing my library onto it again. Crazy.
QUOTE Thanks
takita787

takita787 is on a distinguished road

Wow Ive heard of that happening before for mostly cellphones, thats insane though. just dried out/worked its apple magic

iTouch/iPhone/Mac =
QUOTE Thanks
rcltrh

rcltrh will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB

Well the ipod finally dried out, how about you? Still on the sauce? :-)
QUOTE Thanks
CurtisJC

CurtisJC is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white

Thats great to hear, a cool trick my friend told me about(which I did try ) was to put it in the oven on a very low heat like 20c - 30c it dries out in no time and is again usable... very crazy though, I wouldn't really suggest anyone to do the same.

My mum is lvl 70 in WoW, how cool is she
A PC you say, eww don't touch it, it may have rabies
To be followed http://twitter.com/CurtisJC
QUOTE Thanks
juventusfc99

juventusfc99 is an unknown at this point

One drawback of leaving your iPod in the rain overnight...after about 1.5 hours of listening, the battery is already at about 60%.
QUOTE Thanks
skee

skee is on a distinguished road

Well if it every happens again I think you can put it into a dish filled with dry rice. I know this usually works with wet cell phones. The water simply goes from an area of higher concentration (the iPod), to an area of lower concentration (the rice). The magic of Equilibrium!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't eject ipod nano from G3 iMac | new nano?? »