New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

New iPods?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Does anybody have any idea of when new iPods might show up? Any rumours etc that you might have heard?
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Color screen, with bio-LED or somthing is what I heard. I can't think of anything else they would need to upgrade.. its an Mp3 player what else do you need it to do? O well, I suppose apple will come out with something cool and useful. They always do.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
its an Mp3 player what else do you need it to do?
It could be used to play video clips. That is the only reason I see, that you would need a color screen.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

Sounds pretty smooth.. any idea of when the prospective "release" date would be? Or is everything just rumours right now?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I'm guessing at least a year away since the 3rd gen were just recently released

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

O yeah, a year or more at least. Though they may do minor bug fixes with the current iPod (hardware and software)
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Ok thanks that is what I wanted to know, guess I just might have to get one of those suckers when I have enough money
QUOTE Thanks
shymog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Color screen, with bio-LED or somthing is what I heard. I can't think of anything else they would need to upgrade.. its an Mp3 player what else do you need it to do? O well, I suppose apple will come out with something cool and useful. They always do.
Support for OGG, since it's better than AAC and MP3? I think so. Also, APE-format would be nice. Support for half-sized, non-lossy audio is nice.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple introduces new 20GB and 40GB iPods | Cheap place for iPod? »