Thread: Headphones

Specs:
    White Macbook 2.1Ghz 250GB Hard Drive 2GB ram
    Question Headphones
    It seemed more appropriate to ask here than the Music and audio section cause its mostly programs. I am planning on getting some headphones for christmas. Over the ear, noise canceling. I know there are some very nice ones out there but i am on a budget of roughly $150. I am very conscious of the sound quality as well as wether or not they're gonna fall off my head if i nod too hard(some do). Any suggestions? Thanx

Specs:
    MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
    I've tried noise cancelling headphones (I fly for a living) and have given them up in favour of Sennheiser ear bud type that actually fit inside the ear - you can even lay your head down and they don't hurt.

The reason is that noise cancelling have to suppress certain frequencies (or certainly appear to) and thus what you're listening to is thus modified. If you are in a noisy environment then it does suppress some of the ambient noise, but beware you are not disappointed.

That budget would by you an excellent set of Sennheisers and give you loads of spare cash.
    Mac Junkie
    - MacBook Pro 2.4, 500Gb, 4Gb
    - MacBook Air (wife's), - iPad 2 64Gb
    - 2 x iPod Touch 32Gb and iPhones 3GS 32Gb

Specs:
    White Macbook 2.1Ghz 250GB Hard Drive 2GB ram
    thanx, i have had more earbud headphones than i can remember so i wanted to stick wit over the ear for this time, i gave in on my request for noise cancellation. The Sound Advice store near me is going out of business and had a pair of Bose on-ear headphones (Apple Price $200) that i picked up for $135, unfortunately i cant use them till Christmas

Specs:
    MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
    Funny that - over the years I've collected about 6 pairs of the earphones that were supposed to do what my present ones do . . .

You won't go far wrong with the Bose as they're pretty d@mn good. Roll on Christmas eh?

Glad you're sorted.
    Mac Junkie
    - MacBook Pro 2.4, 500Gb, 4Gb
    - MacBook Air (wife's), - iPad 2 64Gb
    - 2 x iPod Touch 32Gb and iPhones 3GS 32Gb

Specs:
    20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4
    I would recommend giving the Grado SR-60 a listen. I have owned them for years for my home audiophile system, and both my iPod nano and Touch drive them easily. They have been highly regarded by the audiophile community for years, and best of all, they cost $69.00.

It is an "on-ear" design, and are very comfortable for periods of long use.

Just my two cents.

What are you thinking about Sennheiser PXC350 active noise cancelling stereo headphones. The PXC 350 is a circumaural high-end travel headphone set with NoiseGard Advance technology for active attenuation of ambient noise. The PXC 350 enables an unprecedented sound experience for people on the move, which prevent unwanted partial oscillation and thus guarantee a highly natural, lifelike sound quality.

Thread Information