New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Ipod touch, or Iphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FmAcNboy

FmAcNboy is on a distinguished road

Well as far as I am concerned I have lost my ipod touch. I have looked all over for it and im in the market for a new one. My old one had cracks n the screen any way and with the new upgrades out for it I wanted to buy a new one anyway. Now I was wondering, what do you guys thing. Should I buy an Iphone or a new ipod touch? Im currently a verizon customer.
QUOTE Thanks
MacBookPro

MacBookPro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/200gb/2gb/15.4"+ Tons of Windows PC's

Buy yourself an Ipod Touch. Whats the point of having a iphone if you can't use the phone? Unless you want to swith to AT&T and shell out alot of money every month, get yourself a cheap and inexpensive touch (which in the end will cost hundreds more than buying a ipod with no monthly fees) The ipod touch can do pretty much the same thing an iphone can do only without the ability to make calls.

iPhone cost:
$199 (iphone) + $36 (activation fee) + [$39.99 (each month) * 24] = $1194.76 + what ever the tax/vat is.

iPod Touch cost
$229 (ipod touch) = $229 + what ever tax/vat is.

Difference of $965.76

If you want to get the iPhone, don't forget to add the early termination fee (if there is one) for your verizon contract.

Whatever it is, you get it on eBay..................

eBay is full of it.
QUOTE Thanks
FmAcNboy

FmAcNboy is on a distinguished road

the one thing I wish that the touch has we the 3G feature so I dont have to worry about not being able to be in the internet, also all those awesome apps for with the whwere you are and gps type apps are awesome. I wonder if the Ipod will ever get those.... probally not Im guessing.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

if it had 3g, it would be a phone

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
iphone666

iphone666 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBookPro View Post
Buy yourself an Ipod Touch. Whats the point of having a iphone if you can't use the phone? Unless you want to swith to AT&T and shell out alot of money every month, get yourself a cheap and inexpensive touch (which in the end will cost hundreds more than buying a ipod with no monthly fees) The ipod touch can do pretty much the same thing an iphone can do only without the ability to make calls.

iPhone cost:
$199 (iphone) + $36 (activation fee) + [$39.99 (each month) * 24] = $1194.76 + what ever the tax/vat is.

iPod Touch cost
$229 (ipod touch) = $229 + what ever tax/vat is.

Difference of $965.76

If you want to get the iPhone, don't forget to add the early termination fee (if there is one) for your verizon contract.
You are 1 % Correct!! Plus, don't forget that the iphone has $#!tty battery life too.

All of my suggestions are provided "as-is". I am not responsible for the outcome.
Please follow me on twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/forumdude1024
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 3G nano screen problem | 120GB Ipod Classic Protective Sleeve? »