New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Mac thinks my iPod Touch is a Camera?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pingpongitore

pingpongitore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD

Hey guys and gals:
Whenever I plug my iPod Touch into my mac it auto pops up with the program you would use to pull pictures off of a digital camera. I don't use a digital camera at all on my Macbook and have no idea how to turn off this auto load feature. Any assistance is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks!

-ping

macbook pro [unibody] 2.53 GHz 4gb ram 640gb hdd

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

You can tell iPhoto not to open automatically when a digital camera is plugged in. I don;t remember if you do it in iPhoto or in the System Prefs. After-all, the iPhone IS a digital Camera as well.

QUOTE Thanks
pingpongitore

Thanks for the quick reply but here is my conundrum. I don't have iphoto and its an iPod Touch and not an iphone. Any other ideas? I've looked all through sys prefs and can't find it. I have Leopard btw if that's any help.

-ping

QUOTE Thanks
pingpongitore

Whoa I'm so dumb sometimes lol. I figured it out. Under preferences you just set it to open no application if a camera is connected. Much better now. You can all go about your business now and thank you for flying American Airlines.
*Falls over*

-ping

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

That does seem odd that it did that for a touch though...

At least the fix still worked...

QUOTE Thanks
msrolla

msrolla is on a distinguished road

I found that if I had taken a screen image on my iPod Touch (by holding down the power and home buttons), the next time I plug into the computer, iPhoto wants to import it to my computer.
QUOTE Thanks
driver824

driver824 is on a distinguished road

alright i have to same problem, except it was a cannon image browser issue. deleted it and still itunes doesnt recognize my 2nd itouch..

-blake
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 30G Video - not charging off non apple docks | Playlists on a shuffle - Please help! »