New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Dont Buy The Ipod Shuffle!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The mac 13

The marketing guys over at Apple seem to be really pumping up the "never know whats gonna play next" randomness of the new iPod Shuffle. Since they are promoting this feature so much, saying things like "Daily gridlock feels less mundane when you don’t know what song will play next," I thought I'd put up my guide on how to give any regular iPod the cool new feature of the iPod Shuffle.

1. Get a Post-It note
2. Get your iPod
3. Put the Post-It note on the iPod

Now you can enjoy the iPod Shuffle's cool new feature without having to go buy a new player. Enjoy!

DONT BUY THE IPOD SHUFFLE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3253841_c8f04fffcf.jpg (31.1 KB, 48 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

the ipod shuffle also has a mode to play songs in order by song name, then you can just use the nav buttons to get to the song you want.
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

Hey man, don't go around telling people not to buy this and that. It ain't nice. I know in your opinion it's crap, but don't go disencouraging people (like myself) who are really looking forward to getting one.

Anyways, what's the big deal with not having a screen? Most of the time it will be in your pocket or whatever anyways.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I really like the idea of using it to transfer files from school on it, main reason why Im buying it.
QUOTE Thanks
HuMpS 97 DoHc

I think the you totally missed the point of what the ipod shuffle was brought out to do. It wasn't brought out to compete with the ipod in any way. Its not even really meant for people who already own an iPod although many will buy it cause of how small it is. Its meant to get more of the market in the smaller sized flash players thats all.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i'd buy it and use it even though i have a 20 gig iPod

once you set up a playlist and send it over to the shuffle you shouldnt really need to know what songs are there because with the smaller selection you should be picking the best songs you'd want to listen to at the time

-chris
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMpS 97 DoHc
Its not even really meant for people who already own an iPod

Would it even work if you already had an iPod? I thought your iTunes songs could only be put on one iPod.
QUOTE Thanks
edgefusion

edgefusion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram

I love how the Post-it covers the screen perfectly as if they were designed originally for that use lol.

QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

I see tons of (poorer) people with little 128/256/512MB mp3 players at school. This isn't designed for people who are willing to pay more for a better product - it's designed to take advantage of the "Wal-Mart" economy that the United States has created (low cost, low features, low price.)
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/porta...fle-029509.php
QUOTE Thanks
gammylt

I believe some people are short-sighted and/or naive re: the marketing of the Shuffle, especially the "wal-mart" and "poorer" comments. While I am sure my wife and I are "poorer" than some others, I know for a verifiable fact that our income exceeds that of 90% of Americans'....and guess what: We're buying Shuffles! Why? It is primo for active people and people that don't want to draw attention (i.e. get jumped/mugged/robbed) for a $500 flashy ipod. Further, with XM/Sirius and traditional broadcasts, you don't know what is coming on next anyhow. I also think it's a blessing to not have yet ANOTHER screen to look at, while our servers, laptops, ipaqs, refridgerator, home entertainment system and cars all have LCD screens, I care not to look at one more than I have to. The old adage "keep it simple, stupid" definantly fits the Shuffle.

My 2 cents to yet another off hand sarcastic post that was taken way out of context
QUOTE Thanks
proudlywelsh83

Absolutly agree, its small light, come in two convienent sizes if your off out jogging or using to take files from place to another. Ideal. Another well marketed and thought out product by apple.
QUOTE Thanks
Echo_

haha thats hilarious
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammylt
I believe some people are short-sighted and/or naive re: the marketing of the Shuffle, especially the "wal-mart" and "poorer" comments.
I didn't mean for those comments to be taken in a derogatory way, but I was being realistic: that's half of the market for the iPod. People who lack the money for a mini or a regular iPod.
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
Would it even work if you already had an iPod? I thought your iTunes songs could only be put on one iPod.
You can have multiple iPods with iTunes (five max I believe?), but you can't have one iPod for multiple computers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod data backup probs | Did ANYone get a iPod photo? »