Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The mac 13
    Dont Buy The Ipod Shuffle!
    The marketing guys over at Apple seem to be really pumping up the "never know whats gonna play next" randomness of the new iPod Shuffle. Since they are promoting this feature so much, saying things like "Daily gridlock feels less mundane when you donít know what song will play next," I thought I'd put up my guide on how to give any regular iPod the cool new feature of the iPod Shuffle.

1. Get a Post-It note
    2. Get your iPod
    3. Put the Post-It note on the iPod

Now you can enjoy the iPod Shuffle's cool new feature without having to go buy a new player. Enjoy!

DONT BUY THE IPOD SHUFFLE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    the ipod shuffle also has a mode to play songs in order by song name, then you can just use the nav buttons to get to the song you want.

mangoSharingan
    Hey man, don't go around telling people not to buy this and that. It ain't nice. I know in your opinion it's crap, but don't go disencouraging people (like myself) who are really looking forward to getting one.

Anyways, what's the big deal with not having a screen? Most of the time it will be in your pocket or whatever anyways.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    I really like the idea of using it to transfer files from school on it, main reason why Im buying it.

HuMpS 97 DoHc
    I think the you totally missed the point of what the ipod shuffle was brought out to do. It wasn't brought out to compete with the ipod in any way. Its not even really meant for people who already own an iPod although many will buy it cause of how small it is. Its meant to get more of the market in the smaller sized flash players thats all.

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    i'd buy it and use it even though i have a 20 gig iPod

once you set up a playlist and send it over to the shuffle you shouldnt really need to know what songs are there because with the smaller selection you should be picking the best songs you'd want to listen to at the time

-chris

Quote Originally Posted by HuMpS 97 DoHc
    Its not even really meant for people who already own an iPod

Would it even work if you already had an iPod? I thought your iTunes songs could only be put on one iPod.

Specs:
    MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
    I love how the Post-it covers the screen perfectly as if they were designed originally for that use lol.

meltbanana314
    I see tons of (poorer) people with little 128/256/512MB mp3 players at school. This isn't designed for people who are willing to pay more for a better product - it's designed to take advantage of the "Wal-Mart" economy that the United States has created (low cost, low features, low price.)

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

gammylt
    Lightbulb
    I believe some people are short-sighted and/or naive re: the marketing of the Shuffle, especially the "wal-mart" and "poorer" comments. While I am sure my wife and I are "poorer" than some others, I know for a verifiable fact that our income exceeds that of 90% of Americans'....and guess what: We're buying Shuffles! Why? It is primo for active people and people that don't want to draw attention (i.e. get jumped/mugged/robbed) for a $500 flashy ipod. Further, with XM/Sirius and traditional broadcasts, you don't know what is coming on next anyhow. I also think it's a blessing to not have yet ANOTHER screen to look at, while our servers, laptops, ipaqs, refridgerator, home entertainment system and cars all have LCD screens, I care not to look at one more than I have to. The old adage "keep it simple, stupid" definantly fits the Shuffle.

My 2 cents to yet another off hand sarcastic post that was taken way out of context

proudlywelsh83
    Absolutly agree, its small light, come in two convienent sizes if your off out jogging or using to take files from place to another. Ideal. Another well marketed and thought out product by apple.

Echo_
    haha thats hilarious

meltbanana314
    Quote Originally Posted by gammylt
    I believe some people are short-sighted and/or naive re: the marketing of the Shuffle, especially the "wal-mart" and "poorer" comments.
    I didn't mean for those comments to be taken in a derogatory way, but I was being realistic: that's half of the market for the iPod. People who lack the money for a mini or a regular iPod.

Specs:
    iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis
    Would it even work if you already had an iPod? I thought your iTunes songs could only be put on one iPod.
    You can have multiple iPods with iTunes (five max I believe?), but you can't have one iPod for multiple computers.

Thread Information