New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

"iTouch" Arggg lol

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pingpongitore

pingpongitore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD

Completely off the wall topic but, am I the only one that is anal enough to cringe when people refer to the iPod Touch as the iTouch? I know its dumb and a very simple mistake because of apple's one word name convention for music players, i.e. iPod, but it bugs the heck out of me, your thoughts?

-Ping

macbook pro [unibody] 2.53 GHz 4gb ram 640gb hdd

QUOTE Thanks
fash

fash is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM

itouch is PRETTY PINK PONIES. iPod touch is the way
QUOTE Thanks
pingpongitore

pingpongitore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD

haha, I like your sentiments. To me it just makes a person sound ignorant.

macbook pro [unibody] 2.53 GHz 4gb ram 640gb hdd

QUOTE Thanks
Forum Shark

Forum Shark is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)

I know lots of People who say "iTouch". I forgive them, and choose not to start a hate-thread about them. Is it that big of a deal? Some people say Potato, some say Potato. I know there spelled the same, but it sounds different. xD

Please follow me to Twitter! http://twitter.com/ForumShark
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Shark View Post
I know lots of People who say "iTouch". I forgive them, and choose not to start a hate-thread about them. Is it that big of a deal? Some people say Potato, some say Potato. I know there spelled the same, but it sounds different. xD
It's an abbreviation, plain and simple. It's analogous to calling a Macintosh a Mac.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Sometimes I will say there's no such thing as a iTouch.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
Sometimes I will say there's no such thing as a iTouch.
There's no such thing as a "Mac" either, but we use that abbreviation all the time.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
jvetter18

jvetter18 is on a distinguished road

It must really bother you, that you started a thread about it. I hope that through this forum you might be able to find some peace.

Macbook 2.4ghz, 2GB RAM, 1 Jiggabite of Awesome

They've done research, 80% of the time it works all of the time.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
There's no such thing as a "Mac" either, but we use that abbreviation all the time.
And so does Apple. It is an acceptable substitute for "Macintosh".

"iTouch", on the other hand, is not used by Apple.
If it were really abbreviated, then simply "Touch" would be more appropriate.

"iTouch" is along the lines of "BlackBook" and not really an abbreviation at all, but rather a corruption of the proper name.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
And so does Apple. It is an acceptable substitute for "Macintosh".

"iTouch", on the other hand, is not used by Apple.
If it were really abbreviated, then simply "Touch" would be more appropriate.

"iTouch" is along the lines of "BlackBook" and not really an abbreviation at all, but rather a corruption of the proper name.
Ah yes, in order to use a nickname or abbreviation, it must first be blessed by Apple. Sorry, my bad

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Ah yes, in order to use a nickname or abbreviation, it must first be blessed by Apple. Sorry, my bad
And don't you forget it!!

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
That's bordering on.....BLASPHEMY!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
james515

james515 is an unknown at this point

I call it the iTouch just to hack people off . Im geting real close to getting one of my co-workers to put his head through the wall because I say iTouch so much
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

iTouch
iTouch
iTouch

I'm sorry, what was this thread about again?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
zacman

zacman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM

iPod Touch - Correct

Touch - if ya wanna be cute.

iTouch - ewwwww!!! don't say that...please!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« WOA: iPod Nano 3rd Gen. (Brand new) $99.99 Shipped! Black friday FTWWW | Anyone successfully importing Entourage Notes and Tasks into iPod? »