New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Synching without Tiger or Leopard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrRich

MrRich is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 256MB 1.33 GHz, 60GB hard drive, airport extreme, combo drive. Also own a PM G4. Old Skool

I bought an iPod Touch knowing I wouldn't be able to use iTunes with it. Since I'm using an iBook G4 which isn't running Tiger or Leopard. Still using Panther. Being able to use iTunes isn't the primary reason why I bought an iPod Touch. I wasn't aware I would still need iTunes when first "setting up" or "syncing" the device. Does anyone know any workarounds?

I know if I can't synch with the Mac I own I could call a friend or go back to the Apple store to hopefully set it up there.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I think you are just trying to make your life difficult

Just bite the bullet and install Tiger, it runs better than Panther on a G4 IMO and you wont have to jump through hoops to get your Ipod Touch working properly

Your only problem with Tiger is the RAM you have, I would say an absolute minimum of 512 meg but you would be better off with 1 gig or more, and it wont break the bank

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« new apple headphones? | The music on my ipod is making strange noises. »