New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Returns...?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LEOVAN83

LEOVAN83 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I live in Peru, I looked into Apple's website for an authorized repair center and found like 8. Went to one of them, they kept my iPod Touch (1st gen) for 48 hours, then I get a call saying that my iPod is on it's way to the USA and that I will get a new Touch in 15 days since I am still on the warranty frame.

Question is, will I get a 1st gen Touch or a 2nd gen Touch? I mean, I think the 1st gens have been out of the market for a while now, so I wanted to know if any of you guys had a similar situation recently.

Oh and my iPod was not charging or syncing, it's like the connection slot or whatever got broken.

Cool, I never thought this warranty thing actually worked...
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

You will most likely get a 1st gen iPod Touch.
QUOTE Thanks
Sinderella

Sinderella is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz MacBook

my ipod touch broke a few days ago took it to the apple store they replaced it with the 1st generation

1st generations are out of the market but i'm pretty sure they had a decent number of left overs that didn't sell and they'll probably use them for replacements.
QUOTE Thanks
LEOVAN83

Did it came in a new box and all? Here they told me that the iPod come in some sort of a "bag" and it's just the iPod with the plastic cover on the screen. Is this normal?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOVAN83 View Post
Did it came in a new box and all? Here they told me that the iPod come in some sort of a "bag" and it's just the iPod with the plastic cover on the screen. Is this normal?
Never heard of an iTouch coming in a bag...but when I got mine it was in a nice black box, and had a clear piece of film over the screen.
QUOTE Thanks
LEOVAN83

Was it the original black box in which new Touches came? With the John Lennon picture and stuff, or was it just a black box?

Tha people at the repair center told me that THEY received the iPod in a sort of sealed bag/envelope with the new iPod and then just give it to me.

What I wanna know is, what happens with the warrany and the serial number and stuff? Like, what happens if it brokes down again, I'm still on warranty and I need another replacement... does this operations get registered or something by Apple?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOVAN83 View Post
Was it the original black box in which new Touches came? With the John Lennon picture and stuff, or was it just a black box?

Tha people at the repair center told me that THEY received the iPod in a sort of sealed bag/envelope with the new iPod and then just give it to me.

What I wanna know is, what happens with the warrany and the serial number and stuff? Like, what happens if it brokes down again, I'm still on warranty and I need another replacement... does this operations get registered or something by Apple?
Yeah mine was in the original box. I'm not sure what's going on with the envelope thing.

I would go back and ask them about that. Does it even have a UPC code thing and can it be registered?
QUOTE Thanks
Sinderella

Sinderella is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz MacBook

did they give you a new serial sticker? the new serial number (serial # is also on back of the ipod touch) is registered with apple and if something happens to go wrong with your product it's still under warranty from the day you got your original product.

you can also check your warranty status on apple.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How hard is it to perfectly put on invisbleSHIELD? | ipod question »