New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - How hard is it to perfectly put on invisbleSHIELD?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nor Cal Nomad

Nor Cal Nomad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G

I'm going to be getting a touch from a friend who is getting a mac very soon and already has one. I want to try this stuff http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

I just know from past experiences w/ putting on stickers and films on other things that getting all the air bubbles out and the curves are always a pain.

I'm just wondering if anyone has personally put one of these guys on an ipod, touch, or iphone? and how hard is it to make it look really good.
QUOTE Thanks
Nor Cal Nomad

Mac Specs: 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G

anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Nomad View Post
anyone?
Pretty easy I would say. Took me about 5 minutes for each piece, so 10 total.
QUOTE Thanks
Nor Cal Nomad

and it looks really nice?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Nomad View Post
and it looks really nice?
LoL do you need pics?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg itouch.jpg (16.7 KB, 39 views)
QUOTE Thanks
LEOVAN83

LEOVAN83 is on a distinguished road

Is that the new Touch?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOVAN83 View Post
Is that the new Touch?
Nope old one.
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

imnothardcore is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G

how long did you let it set for.

i read you should let it set for 24 cause of the spray for the zaggs one.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnothardcore View Post
how long did you let it set for.

i read you should let it set for 24 cause of the spray for the zaggs one.
Well I didn't use a lot of water or spray, I just dunked the invisible shield thing in some water and let the excess drip off. Then I slid it on and used a card to press out the excess water and air-bubbles out. It dried in like 30 minutes, and it looks perfect, can't even tell it's there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« java in Safari | Returns...? »