New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - New Touch and Nano

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macminileopard

macminileopard is on a distinguished road

Wow! just went on apple site and theres a new ipod touch with built in speaker and a new nano. Im definatly getting the touch, just for the speaker.

Wow wow wow! And it has volume control built in and support for Nike Plus shoes.

EDIT

OMG! nano comes in 9 new colors (looks like the 2nd gen nano) and has accelerometer like on iphone and itouch.

EDIT

Sorry, im excited. So, which one are you getting?
QUOTE Thanks
iamajo

iamajo is on a distinguished road

I am so happy they have gone back to the slim line design of the nano, I have always wanted one for when walking around and about uni but I hated the new shape so I stuck with my 5g 30gig classic

I brought one this morning (in yellow ) and I can't wait till it arives! and is it me or are they cheaper this time round? mine was off the official site and was only 109.
QUOTE Thanks
macminileopard

macminileopard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamajo View Post
I brought one this morning (in yellow ) and I can't wait till it arives! and is it me or are they cheaper this time round? mine was off the official site and was only 109.
That seems to be apples way. Release a new product with better features for less money. It feels like they do it to purposely get twice as much money. I mean, they could of easily added a speaker to the first gen touch. Apple cant of just "forgot" to add it.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by macminileopard View Post
That seems to be apples way. Release a new product with better features for less money. It feels like they do it to purposely get twice as much money. I mean, they could of easily added a speaker to the first gen touch. Apple cant of just "forgot" to add it.
If they'd have added it initially, I'm sure there would be some other thing they add to the 2nd gen that makes the fans rush out to buy one like so many little girls to a Hannah Montana concert.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
budafied

budafied is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB

I got $250 for my touch that came free with my macbook...it might be time to pick up a new one, or a nano .... which one?@?!?!?!?

11.6" MacBook Air Ultimate
PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 S, 40" Sony LCD
QUOTE Thanks
TrishOB

TrishOB is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D

I've thought about getting the iPod Touch, but I'm afraid it will be a disappointing substitute for what I really want, the iPhone. But an iPhone contract isn't in the budget right now.

Trish in Central Florida
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel C2D
QUOTE Thanks
falcontook

falcontook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram

i would get the ipod nano, but i have the 1st gen iphone, which i want to upgrade to the iphone 3G lol
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I just ordered the 16GB 2nd generation Touch. I'm not sure if my wife will let me have it before my birthday on the 24th though....

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Typical... A month after getting the iPod touch a NEW ONE comes out.

TYPICAL!!! argg

QUOTE Thanks
iamajo

iamajo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhnool View Post
Typical... A month after getting the iPod touch a NEW ONE comes out.

TYPICAL!!! argg

You can update your software on the applestore so you can get the latest interface. Its free if you have 2.0 but you have to pay about $9 or 6 to update any earlier versions
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is my ipod dead??? | New cases for iPod Touch and iPod Classic? »