New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Nessesary iPod accessories

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mystro

I'm a new Ipod 4G owner (still waiting for it to arrive),
what accessories/software will make my Ipod life better..currently I have itunes,realplayer v10.5,podutil software and the Belkin all in one accessory kit.

One silly question..how do I refresh iTunes library?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

realplayer isnt really necessary, you may want the itrip or other fm transmitter if you wanna listen to the radio on your ipod, youll need a carrying case/device of some kind,
when you say how do I refresh my itunes library, what do you mean, or what are you wanting to do?
QUOTE Thanks
teacampuzano

you also might want to look at the site Pod2Go, (www.pod2go.com)great invention for iPod users. it let's you download Pod casts, audio books, news, your forecast, what the show time is in your nearest movie theater, stocks, horoscopes, lyrics, directions, and lets you sync you applications in Stickies, iCal, let you read your e-mails,and look into your adress book. there's a 12 day trail, and then afterward you must pay a fee to use it. hope you enjoy it!
QUOTE Thanks
MBV

Buy headphones, I personally don't like the iPod earphones. That's just me though. Sennheiser is a good mid-fi brand and usually doesn't require an amplifier.
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

As noted above a good place to start is some of the iPod sites; I like ipodlounge.com. A really useful add-on for me has been an external battery pack. It more than doubles the playtime of the mini. (Of course, the ultimate external battery would be a BMW, but that's not in the budget.)
QUOTE Thanks
Jason

The Griffin iTrip is awesome, I use it all the time
QUOTE Thanks
teacampuzano

OoOrrr.... you could buy the mac mini that's a great accesory to any iPod. :flower: well i suggest that you look around for the new bose sounddock. Bose are known for the clarity of the sound, and how well it sounds. it's $299 but it's well worth it, it charges your ipod, works for any ****ing connector,and for when you'd like to take your music outside of your computer and share it with everyone. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...More=TA874LL/A hope it helps...
QUOTE Thanks
drumstk36

My accessory list for my 40 Gb 4th gen. looks a bit like this:

Shure E2 Headphones
Apple Remote
iSkin w/ screen protector (best case ever made IMO)
Griffin iTrip
DLO Auto Power Charger
15" Powerbook (best accessory ever)
QUOTE Thanks
Pineapple Devil

get an iSkin evo2 case in arctic. some of the best money you'll spend for it
QUOTE Thanks
adamxj2

i like the i skin but to be honest i have
I had my iPod since x mas
I wanted it so bad
Now I barely even use it
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I have never bought a case for mine, it still looks good. I would suggest getting some way to hook it to your car stereo, iTrip is decent but hard wiring is much better.
QUOTE Thanks
Kubrickx

Kubrickx is on a distinguished road

If you are looking for something to hardwire to your car stereo, check this site:

Icelink
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

My accessories for my 15 GB 3G iPod:

- Sony EX-71 earbuds (best ones I've heard so far)
- Marware Convertible Case
- XTremeMac car charger cord
- Stereo mini-to-stereo mini plug for my Tivoli table radio
- Stereo Y-cable (RCA-to-stereo mini) for my amplifier at home

...and for listening in the car, I found an adapter that connects to the CD changer port in my trunk and gives me a line-in from my headphone jack. Noise-free iTunage in the car!
QUOTE Thanks
Jason

I forgot to mention the Vaja case (from the apple store). Best case I've ever owned for any portable device

On a separate note, RealPlayer is complete garbage!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes Error, PLEASE HELP | What the ****????? »