New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Audio Only Comes Out Of Left Channel

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nepgunes

nepgunes is on a distinguished road

Hey Mac Forum Fam,

I thought it was my headphones that were causing the problem so I plugged in other headphones and speakers into my iPod, and received the same result. Audio only comes out of the left channel, unless i move the piece around. Anyone ever have this problem, and was able to fix? Or is it time for a new iPod?

Thanks in advance for any help!
QUOTE Thanks
gixxersean

gixxersean will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::

I had this problem. The genius at the apple store told me that if you wrap your headphone cord around your ipod (especially tightly) it will break one of the channel's connector. Luckily mine was covered under warranty and they replaced it for free, but I think I got lucky with that one. If yours isn't covered than ebay search for a *your type of iPod* headphone jack and it is relatively easy to replace if you know how to use google and you're fairly tech saavy.

Hope this helps!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Great disappointment | 4th Gen Hard Drive »