New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

apple forgetting old friends?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The mac 13

Apple has a Black ipod, as you know, for U2. but let me ask y'all a question. was u2 the one that lifted apple's ipod sale and popularity to windows users? It was infact da black eyed peas, not U2. When the ipod was windows userable, black eyed peas was used to promote it. every now and then their hey mama song and commercial was heard. even my 3 year baby bratha was singing to their ryhmes. Let me ask a question. Why didnt apple have a Black Eyed Peas iPod?

I am not speaking this coz i am a hip hopper infact, i dont really like their rhymes as their ryhmes are very club like, but i am wondering why apple dont have an iPod for Blak eyed peas. any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

maybe because u2 is a legend, and perhaps to attract older customers. besides, what would a black eyed peas ipod look like? all rainbow colored and look like a pokemon threw up all over it? nothing against BEP, I like some of their music, and apple also used lets get
it started to promote the g5 imac.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
apple also used lets get
it started to promote the g5 imac.
thats right. maybe they should produce a gold ipod(not really gold fool) or maybe a rainbow ipod, like the old apple logo as hip hoppers are different you know.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

the rainbow colored like the old apple logo might be cool,, if it was only raindow in an apple,Ill make it right quick. it came out alright, not what I expected, then again, it took like 3 or 4 minutes, so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rainbow ipod.jpg (17.8 KB, 12 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Apple, a legend in the computer world, and U2, a legend in the music world, working together... quite logic, isn't it?

Why would Apple work with a Hip Hop act that nobody will even remember next year? Not that BEP are bad, but they just don't have the legend factor...
And there's one more thing: A lot more people know about U2, from young to old...

And by the way, the new U2 album just rocks!! :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

Yea, U2 ipod makes more sense...
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

All-Time Sales for Music

NAME SALES (Millions)
01 The Beatles 232
02 Michael Jackson 142
03 Mariah Carey 132
04 Madonna 131
05 Celine Dion 125
06 Phil Collins 116
07 U2 109
08 Pink Floyd 108
09 Led Zeppelin 105
10 Rolling Stones 94

That tells it all

Black Eyed Peas are just going to be like all other pop music in this day and age....forgotten and releasing a greatest hits album after 2 albums

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Black Eyed Peas are just going to be like all other pop music in this day and age....forgotten and releasing a greatest hits album after 2 albums
makes sense. hmm maybe they should have a wu-tang clan iPod. they are a legend, infact, one of them member just died..
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman
the rainbow colored like the old apple logo might be cool,, if it was only raindow in an apple,Ill make it right quick. it came out alright, not what I expected, then again, it took like 3 or 4 minutes, so.
what i was thinkin' was whole of ipod, raindow colour.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Hmm. a legend eh? tupac iPod? Curt goblin iPod? carpenters iPod? Abba ipod? Biggie iPod?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mac 13
makes sense. hmm maybe they should have a wu-tang clan iPod. they are a legend, infact, one of them member just died..
Yea from a cocaine overdose......theres some good publicity

Legend because they no longer exist not because of a remarkable career

Most rap artists would make poor choices because very few actually have a clean public record that makes them easily marketable

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Hmm. a legend eh? tupac iPod? Curt goblin iPod? carpenters iPod? Abba ipod? Biggie iPod?
The only real legend in your list is Abba...Tupac, Biggie or even the Wu-Tang-Clan are legends in the Hip Hop world, and outside that you won't find lots of people knowing anything about them. Real legends are recognised by millions of people, through all ages, no matter which music preference they have. Even if somebody hates Abba, or The Beatles, or Elvis...if they hate them, they at least know about them...

They could have chosen any other band with legend status, but from the existing (and still alive) bands only a few have this status, and U2 is one of them. So their choice was a good one. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

hmm.. how bout carpenters?
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Yea from a cocaine overdose......theres some good publicity

Legend because they no longer exist not because of a remarkable career

Most rap artists would make poor choices because very few actually have a clean public record that makes them easily marketable
tupac is a legend. grand Masta jay is> well tupac not really, he has felony record.

madona ipod? buut uto is popular with old rockrs.lol..nywaay,sori for bad typing..done on a pocketpc..
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Quote:
hmm.. how bout carpenters?
Well actually, I have no idea who that is...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« please help, my Ipod is dead | iTunes remembers cds »