New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - issue with IPod/Mac to PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JanetC

JanetC is on a distinguished road

My son sold an IPod, and tonight I got this message from the buyer:

"Dear Sir or Madam, I received your 80GB I-pod and have an issue to address with you. While the i-pod does perform the basic function of playing a song, there is no way to add or change songs, upload new information, or connect the unit to a PC in any way. It has taken me about a month and a half to get this completely diagnosed, however, I finally took it to an I-Pod store for diagnosis and they have stated that it is not repairable and needs to be replaced entirely.This will cost $90 using a core replacement program. What I am contacting you for is to find out what remedy you would offer to this situation. "

I asked my son about it. He said it's formatted for a Mac and that the fellow should be able to go online and find out how to reformat it. He said he had to do that when he bought it himself, formatting it for a Mac.

None of this makes sense to me. Does it to you? If the buyer took it to an IPod store, wouldn't they have known that?

Yikes. I hope there's a simple answer... other than returning the money. If it worked when we sent it, shouldn't it have worked when it arrived? Assuming it's correctly formatted?

Thank you!

JC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Touch: will it slow down my wireless n | itunes will not see my itouch »