New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Help! My Ipod stopped working!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MikeyM

MikeyM can only hope to improve

Hi Everyone,

This may sound confusing but I'll try to explain what happened. I had my Ipod connected to the dock, and I hit it out of the dock by accident. After It fell out I could not get the Ipod off the "Do not Disconnect" screen. So I left the ipod on overnight and waited for the battery to drain itself out. The next day everything looked like it was ok, I turned my Ipod on, and it told me I needed to recharge my battery. I plugged the Ipod back into the dock, I watched the little charging logo come up, and I let it be overnight. Today I try to turn it on and I get nothing, its almost like the battery disconnected itself. I tried to reset the ipod with no luck. I also tried plugging it into the wall (instead of the dock), nothing seems to work. Anyone have any Ideas for me? I would hate to have to send it into apple for a repair, I just got it, and want to have it for Xmas/New Years parties.

- Mike
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

you knocked it out of te dock? wow, when you say reset it, do you mean you held down play and menu until the apple logo appeared? try disconnecting the dock totally from your mac for a few minutes, disconnect the wire from the dock too, then reconnect it, dock the ipod and see if it works, if not, try connecting the ipod straight, not using the dock.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Isn't it Menu and the center button you hold down till the logo appears. It works on mine when it won't respond. Like with the Do Not Disconnect screen.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

no, its menu+play
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Convert RAM files to wav or cd audio | Such a hard choice to make... »