New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod - Universal and Sky to launch a DRM-Free Subscription service.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chwisch87

chwisch87 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, Santa Rosa Penryn 2.5 Core2Duo, 250 gig HDD, 2 Gigs, 512 G8600

One of my biggest quirks with itunes is the lack of subscription service. I have been, through rhapsody and now the Zune marketplace, been on a subscription service in one form or another for the past 6 years. I don't like the idea of own music; I mean sure there is some stuff i really like and will listen to forever but i don't really want to buy the current "top 40" over and over again when i more than likely won't like it in 3 months.

Well, one of the things i really wish itunes would do is go subscription ... now i know that is a mixed bag with the apple crowd. Many of them I think defend itunes simply because its an apple product. Honestly however, Apple would make a lot more money on just 15% margins through a subscription service (assuming you could get a couple 10 million people to sign up for it ... which i think is very well possible).

Now if Sky and Universal are doing a DRM free service ... what exactly is there to stop me from importing that music into itunes?
QUOTE Thanks
Tao

Tao is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook Black 4GB RAM Mid 2008

What is stopping you from downloading illegally and importing it into iTunes??? Nothing.

If you want a subscription service then continue on using what you use, but if you want to buy your music use iTunes.

It's difficult to argue a subscription service should be in place for iTunes when iTunes is making so much money.

For me personally, the music I like now will be music i'll like in five years. Reason why? Because I don't like redundant music. I'm a huge fan of music and will dig in to the past to get classic records and i'll just as easily spot artists who are making quality non-redundant music now.

If I wanted to hear the top 40 i'd put on the radio.

But again personally, this is the same reason I will always own albums physically as I like to collate a collection.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes songs | I wuv my iPod »