New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

ipod rip off

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Danster

i have just been off the ipod site and seen that you dont get all the free stuff that you got with the old one so if i want the dock which i do and case and remote i have to pay 90 which would bring the price to 310 and the old one with all the stuff was only 299 thats is just poo :mad:
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

oh yeah thats the 20g one btw.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Would you actually use those things though? I never found the dock very useful and it's sitting in a closet right now. And the remote I never really used either.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
CJ064

CJ064 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

so iPods used to come with a dock, remote, and case? I purchased my 40gig iPod in Sept. or Oct. i believe and i got a dock a firewire cable, a usb cable, and earbud headphones. they used to come with more than that? Actualy i bought my girlfriend a 20gig for xmass and that doesn't have a dock. But apple put here name on the back for free and it looks real cool.
QUOTE Thanks
CJ064

CJ064 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro

as for it being a rip off not comming with that stuff, i don't think they are a rip off at all i use my iPod all the time and in the few short months I have had it, it has already paid for itself. Plus it introduced me to macs and now i have a brand new powerbook g4
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

i really want the dock to look cool next to my imac but i dont wana be paying 30 quid for it and the case to stop the lovely back getting scratched i have seen a refurb 30 gig 3g ipod for 245 should i get it or buy the new 20g of apple store? and the remaining cash to buy a dock off ebay?
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

First, you can be sure that the "free" stuff wasn't free; the cost was added into the selling price. Second, as the competition increases Apple wants to get the iPod price as low as possible so that it is as attractive as possible. Third, people with more than one iPod but only one computer don't need extra docks etc, why should they be forced the spend the extra $$$ (or s). Personally, I'd rather be able to buy the accessories I want than be lumbered with a bunch of useless stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

i am bidding on a 40 gig new gen ipod with dock
it's used but only a month old dya reckon thats good
selling for 187 says he bought it for 399
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

ipod eBay winner please comment if you think this is worth it? as i have just won it
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

I wouldnt buy an iPod off ebay. The life of the battery is probably half dead. And then you only get half the use.
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

i know but he says it's brand new
QUOTE Thanks
mangoSharingan

Hmm.....0 feedback. Even if it does say brand-new, it might have already been used a bit and if it looks new enough, then you wouldn't know. Anyways, good luck and if it turns out to be genuine, then well done.
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

awww bloody ell you got me thinkin now if i dont pay for it what happens if i do and he dont i losse my christmas box :<
QUOTE Thanks
Danster

i'm paying buy cheque is there anyway i can claim a refund if he turns out to be dodgy? but it says i can come and collect it so...
QUOTE Thanks
AdmiralSpock

AdmiralSpock is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac 7200/75: Mac OS 7.6.1; iMac 233mhz Mac OS X 10.1.5; PowerBook 180c, Mac OS 7.5.3

You can try filing a claim with eBay saying the product was not as described. But he/she hardly had a description, and that did not say anything about battery life. (Can't you always recharge the battery? Lost there..)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod Mini Troubles!!! | How?: 1 Gen. 5GB iPod back to OS9 from OSX... »