New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - itouch 60gb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

whitetar

whitetar is on a distinguished road

any rumors if there might be another itouch released sometimes later this year?
QUOTE Thanks
Forum Shark

Forum Shark is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)

I have heard some things going around, but these are just hunches that people have. If a new iPod is coming out, I think 60 gigabytes is... well... a little bit of an overkill. (Extreme Understatement). Honestly, that's like, what, 40 hours of video?!? And who knows how much music that can hold. If you can even THINK of over 50 hours, worth of songs, I condone you.

Please follow me to Twitter! http://twitter.com/ForumShark
QUOTE Thanks
NumberSix

NumberSix is on a distinguished road

Why would it be overkill? Apple already has larger models of iPods

The iPod Classic comes in 80 and 160gigs flavors
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

With apps, music, movies, 64Gb could be filled quite easily.
Maybe some people prefer music with a little more depth, say Apple Lossless. At 400MB per album compared to 50MB, one could see how 64GB could quite easily be filled with music alone.
I converted all of my CDs to Apple Lossless awhile back but was disappointed I could only get 8 hours worth of music on my 8GB iPhone. I didn't like having to spend an hour every day making a new playlist and uploading it so I could listen to something different every day at work.
I don't like choosing convenience over quality and a iPhone/ iTouch with that much memory lets me listen to the quality of music I want with the convenience to updating my playlist monthly.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
IckyThump

IckyThump is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Shark View Post
I have heard some things going around, but these are just hunches that people have. If a new iPod is coming out, I think 60 gigabytes is... well... a little bit of an overkill. (Extreme Understatement). Honestly, that's like, what, 40 hours of video?!? And who knows how much music that can hold. If you can even THINK of over 50 hours, worth of songs, I condone you.

55.2 hours and thats not even everything from my old pc.
QUOTE Thanks
Forum Shark

Forum Shark is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)

Wow, I stand corrected. By the way, I condone you, IckyThump. I guess a 60GB wouldn't be too much of an overkill, now that I really think about it, but just think of the price! It'd probably be somewhere around the $600 mark. As I am only 14, I think that's a little (understatement) expensive for my taste.

Please follow me to Twitter! http://twitter.com/ForumShark
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Well if you have a large collection of songs and want to have them all at your fingertips on the go so you can play the exact song you want, then the 60 GB+ models aren't so overkill.

But even with my collection (4062 songs, 12 days, 16.23GB) will only need a 30GB. I don't think a 30 GB classic styled one exists anymore. Well in the current generation. So maybe a 5th generation refurbished 30GB one is for you. I have one of those but I got it new and I think it's great.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Syncing ipod and playing music off iPod afterwards | ipod touch top side slit »