New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Weird time and date changes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LEOVAN83

LEOVAN83 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys

Every single time I plug my iPod Touch to my Vista PC, after I take it out, the date and time changes!

This has gotten worse... at first, on the very first times I plugged it in, it made the Time Zone change, from Lima, Peru to Indianapolis! That was weird, considering that I've checked EVERYWHERE in my computer and EVERYTHING is set to Lima's time zone. During the last few weeks, now it's even worse because not only does the time zone change to Indianapolis, but now the date and the time change as well, like, going back to January 2004 or September 2010... and the time goes crazy as well, like 10 hours ahead or before.

Is this common to anybody?
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

do do do do.......do do do do...........the Twilight Zone!!! That IS weird!
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Lytheil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

Not at my side. Maybe there's a bug with your settings . Or its just vista. ( just screwing around. ) xD

QUOTE Thanks
LEOVAN83

LEOVAN83 is on a distinguished road

The worst part is that I live in Peru and there is no Apple support around here, we got a couple retailers but not an actual Apple Store, and given the fact that I can't e-mail Apple... (can I? I haven't seen an email address) I'm pretty much screwed...
QUOTE Thanks
wavking

wavking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOVAN83 View Post
Hi guys

Every single time I plug my iPod Touch to my Vista PC, after I take it out, the date and time changes!

This has gotten worse... at first, on the very first times I plugged it in, it made the Time Zone change, from Lima, Peru to Indianapolis! That was weird, considering that I've checked EVERYWHERE in my computer and EVERYTHING is set to Lima's time zone. During the last few weeks, now it's even worse because not only does the time zone change to Indianapolis, but now the date and the time change as well, like, going back to January 2004 or September 2010... and the time goes crazy as well, like 10 hours ahead or before.

Is this common to anybody?
YES! It started happening to me recently and continued after updating to 2.2
Running Windows XP. This my first stop in finding a cure.
QUOTE Thanks
eljaydee@hotmai

eljaydee@hotmai is on a distinguished road

i have the same issue is there any way to change the time manually?
QUOTE Thanks
sashayavila

sashayavila is on a distinguished road

ive had this same problem and i went to settings>general>date &time>set date and time and then you set it
QUOTE Thanks
deer dance

deer dance has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Soon to own

Indianapolis FTW!!!

But the problem is probably a software bug, is your iPod a first or second generation? It's likely the model, software update and Windows combined to create a perfect storm on a select few iPod Touches.

Proud Python Programmer/HTML Expert
Believer in Mac OS 7
QUOTE Thanks
Zyluz

Zyluz is on a distinguished road

Ever since the 2.2.1 patch, my clock + date got messed up! I had to manually change them.
I haven't synced my iPod Touch after I installed the update, I will have to see what happens...
QUOTE Thanks
bradhayashi

bradhayashi is on a distinguished road

Here is what was on an Apple forum :

1. Close itunes, reopen itunes, THEN connect ipod to sync

Time/date wildcard seems to occur if your computer sleeps, hibernates, or stands by while itunes is open and THEN connected to ipod touch. Also, if computer sleeps, hibernates, or stands by WHILE your ipod touch is connected upon wake the time/date may also go nuts.
Finally, if you undock (maybe even connect disconnect other USB entities), open many CPU intensive programs, or use apps that make your computer "cranky" while itunes is open you may have to:

2. Restart computer, open itunes, THEN connect ipod to sync.

If time is off by one hour exactly or some other measure that doesn't seem completely arbitrary, check your computer time and time zone as well as the time zone you've chosen for your ipod touch then resync with a freshly opened itunes. Otherwise:

3. Try the 5 R's (Recharge, Restart, Reset, Remove, Restore)

Please update/crosslink this thread as better understanding of this 'feature' comes available. Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Touch broken, how can I fix? | best microphone for ipod nano 4G? »