New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Hey... new to this place, already have a question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

disslexic

disslexic is on a distinguished road

hey everyone! whats going on? New to Leopard and this forum, but im already having an issue haha.

So I have an iPod with a corrupted database and no backup. This is a problem for me because my only copies of my music files are on my iPod. Since iTunes cant read my database, it wont allow me to enable disc use.

So i guess I have a few questions

1.) Can I enable disc use or something on my iPod in terminal to allow it to show up as an external hard drive?

if not, can I use Tech Tools Pro to make a backup of my drive?

one more thing I should mention. My iPod HDD is pwned kinda bad. It wont allow me to make a disc image of it, and it freezes when I try to transfer hidden files directly to my Mac HDD.

any help ideas or suggestions would be rad.
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

Hi there and welcome.

Try posting this is the ipod section of M-F. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/iphone-ipad-ipod/

A good way to get no responses here is to post a tech question in Anything Goes. There's just too much traffic here for someone to find it. Anything goes is more like the socializing section of M-F.

good luck with that ipod.

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Moved to correct forum.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Which iPod should I buy? | NEW iPod Touch, 32GB: $393! »