New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - problems with my brand new iPod Touch..help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mitch90

mitch90 is on a distinguished road

I got a few problems with my touch and I just opened it today. when I'm using safari sometimes it just stops for a second and then it goes to the home screen even tho I didnt press the home button. and then another problem is when I'm playing a song and try to drag the ball to fast foward the ball moves on the line but the song doesnt change I had to turn off my iPod and turn it back on for it to work again. and another problem is the light sensor. it brightens when theres a little bit of light when I'm in a dark room and then it won't brighten when I'm in a room with a lot of light. it guess I have a lot of problems with my iPod but I don't know if this is normal or not. thanks again for your help

o and i didnt jail break it
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Have you got the latest firmware?

It occasionally crashes, as with any software, so maybe it's just a coincidence it happened on the first day. Safari crashes for me maybe every couple of weeks.
QUOTE Thanks
mitch90

ya I'm pretty sure I got the latest since I just bought it right? its 1.1.4
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Lytheil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

Restore it. Had that problem previously on my iTouch but its fine now.

QUOTE Thanks
j21m2293

j21m2293 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch90 View Post
I got a few problems with my touch and I just opened it today. when I'm using safari sometimes it just stops for a second and then it goes to the home screen even tho I didnt press the home button.

another problem is the light sensor. it brightens when theres a little bit of light when I'm in a dark room and then it won't brighten when I'm in a room with a lot of light. it guess I have a lot of problems with my iPod but I don't know if this is normal or not. thanks again for your help
I think I can help you with these two problems.
First off for the safari crashing, this has happened to me many of times before. What i finds that always works is to hold down the power on power off button for 5 seconds while holding the home button down simultaneously. This is better than a restore only because it wont delete any of your data.

And for the brightness problem go into settings/brightness/then turn off the auto adjustment or auto brightness. That should be it.

Let us Know how it goes.
QUOTE Thanks
mitch90

I figured out the light sensor problem. I guess there just wasn't enough light cuz it works sometimes now. but there are some other glitchy problems like when my battery was at 10% while I was on the road and then everything became really laggy and the slider to unlock wasn't working and it took me a lot of tries and turns to try to slide hat to unlock it. is this normal for it to happen when its low on battery? I had to turn it off for it to work again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OSX iTunes does not detect iPod | Possible Price Drops/ New Model Soon? »