New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Ultimate iPod Touch case back

Thread Closed

goldfinger

goldfinger is on a distinguished road

(REVIEWER NEEDED: WILL RECEIVE A FREE CASE BACK)

I've been working on this product for a while, and it's finally ready. Pictured below is a replacement back for an Ipod touch (16GB version) that looks like it has been gold plated. In fact it has been put through a process knows as PVD and coated with an ultra hard material called titanium nitride. The PVD process is done at several hundred degrees and in vacuum and bonds this ultra hard material onto the surface of the metal. The result is an amazing looking finish that won't scratch.

I'm looking for someone on this site who has an Ipod touch (preferably 16GB as those are the casebacks I am currently selling) who is willing to write a review. In return for review you of course get the case back free.
goldfinger

I will also be offering these for Ipod nanos in gold and black/gunmetal. These too an unscratchable and will cost about $25.
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger View Post
Can't even give one away. This offer is now rescinded
Might not be a bad idea to wait more than 12 hours for a response. As you might imagine, not everyone is willing or capable of popping the back off an expensive piece of gear like the Touch.

Good luck, looks like an interesting product.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
goldfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Might not be a bad idea to wait more than 12 hours for a response. As you might imagine, not everyone is willing or capable of popping the back off an expensive piece of gear like the Touch.

Good luck, looks like an interesting product.

Well the point of the offer was to garner interest in sales. I've had good responses on other forums, so will concentrate my efforts on those. Not much point in offering up a sample for review if nobody here has any interest in the product.
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well the point of the offer was to garner interest in sales. I've had good responses on other forums, so will concentrate my efforts on those. Not much point in offering up a sample for review if nobody here has any interest in the product.
Cool beans, good luck with it. Clearly you've invested a lot of time and effort in developing this product - I hope that investment is fruitful.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
LEOVAN83

LEOVAN83 is on a distinguished road

Hey, sounds realy interesting. Is gold the only colour? I personally love the chrome look, is it a way of having the same thing/process but ending up with a chrome finish? Also, how do you get the back plates, can you buy them from Apple or something? Or do you make them?
the2112

the2112 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a 16 GB iPod touch and the back is really scratched. I was wondering if you still make the back cover. I would be more then happy to write a review for you or whatever need.
Thanks
JPhotoz

JPhotoz is on a distinguished road

I would be interested in testing this item for you.

Please let me know if you are still working on this cover.

Thank you
Jordan
karllines

karllines is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a 16gb ipod touch and i would love it if u could give me one. Please!
as the back of mine is all scored and horrible. If you could i will do a full review and an video of me putting it on the ipod. My address is

11 Thornhill Parade, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT5 7AT, Co.Antrim

Regards

Karl
cwa107

Quote:
Can't even give one away. This offer is now rescinded
Folks.... as was mentioned in the post above, this offer is now rescinded.

Thread Closed

« buying iPod Touches in bulk.. | Ipod nano 1st gen...random freezes »