New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

Anyone successfully importing Entourage Notes and Tasks into iPod?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

desert_rose

I have a 3rd gen 15gb iPod. On my Powerbook I organize my life with Entourage and was lured to buy PocketMac software for importing all Entourage data to iPod. Well, that software and the company is AWFUL. It crashes everything and they have NO customer service. They just ignore you. Awful. They are selling garbage, taking your money and laughing all the way to the bank.

SO, anyone know how to convert Notes and Tasks from Entourge into a way to load to iPod?? I can export contacts and calender to iCal and address book but can't figure how to do other things and would like to!

Desert Rose/Tucson AZ

Powerbook G4, iPod 3gen 15gb, AirportExtreme - Life is good with Mac
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Can't you export contacts as vcards?

Those can be dragged to the iPods 'contacts' folder....

I just use ical/address book...sorry!
QUOTE Thanks
xwonderboy85x

xwonderboy85x is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM

Yeah, i just use iCal and Address Book also... What's so great about Entourage?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Entourage is iCal and Address Book and Mail, plus more all wrapped into one package. I already have lots of applications open.. I don't need a whole lot more, when I can just run one app and it does everything that Apple's apps do.
QUOTE Thanks
xwonderboy85x

xwonderboy85x is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM

Hmm... the reason I like address book is because it syncs with programs like adiumx.
QUOTE Thanks
desert_rose

The only reason I use Entourage is the integratyed Project Center with Tasks and Notes - everything can be linked. Since my work involves juggling a dozen projects at a time, this is very helpful. I looked far and wide for a Mac product that had this and none did; believe me, i HATE all things Microsoft, but there it is.

Still -- no one knows how to export/deal with Tasks and Notes from Entourage? Address Book and Calendar are easy. It's the other 2 i want!
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwonderboy85x
Hmm... the reason I like address book is because it syncs with programs like adiumx.
I hate that... Then when you sync your mobile phone to the addressbook, you get names of people in IM with no numbers and or emails. It's Really annoying!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

? I don't have that problem hype.it...

When I sync my T610 with address book I only have contact names & phone numbers??

To the original poster:

Well you can export notes as 'text selection' files that I suppose can be dragged to the notes folder on your iPod...

Ctrl-click the note, then select 'execute scripts' and then 'save selection as'

As for exporting tasks:

Maybe there is a script that will work for you here:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/script/fav_scripts.html

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
desert_rose

Thanks for the info - i will try it and report back.
QUOTE Thanks
xavierdes

xavierdes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_rose View Post
I have a 3rd gen 15gb iPod. On my Powerbook I organize my life with Entourage and was lured to buy PocketMac software for importing all Entourage data to iPod. Well, that software and the company is AWFUL. It crashes everything and they have NO customer service. They just ignore you. Awful. They are selling garbage, taking your money and laughing all the way to the bank.

SO, anyone know how to convert Notes and Tasks from Entourge into a way to load to iPod?? I can export contacts and calender to iCal and address book but can't figure how to do other things and would like to!

Desert Rose/Tucson AZ

Powerbook G4, iPod 3gen 15gb, AirportExtreme - Life is good with Mac
Hello
I have been looking for that a long time. Cause the export feature of Entourage won't give you a real help with your "notes".
There is a solution if you have a smartphone (or perhaps it works with your ipod).
- connect the device (mobile phone I mean) to the Mac,
- sync the notes from Mac to the device (using PocketMac software or Missing sync software)
- use now the explore feature of PocketMac or Missing Sync. (to "see" on the device).
- explore the device and find your notes
- drag the notes with you mouse, from the device to a notes software (for example MarkspaceNotesbook. I tryed also with Yojimbo but it has hard to do it).
- Markspacenotesbook will take the note and keep safe their titles.
- this process could have bugs. I discover once it refused big quantities. Drag and dropp 10 per 10 if it is the cases.
Hope it works for you
xavier
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "iTouch" Arggg lol | Zune on Mac? »