trouble with ipod in car
    I had a local car shop install something into my radio because I didn't have an auxiliary port. It comes from the back of the radio and plugs into the bottom of my ipod (classic 5th edition.)
    Most of the songs sound alright but certain entire albums get a terrible fuzz on thicker parts of the songs. I've tried EQing on my radio and ipod but with such minimal options I either get the fuzz or the music sounds so muddy there is no point in listening to it. I'd say I experience the fuzz in about 10% of my collection, here is an example of a track that is really bad.

http://download.yousendit.com/373C55A0408E49FD

Is there anything I can do with my ipod or radio or perhaps the actual tracks in a program like cubase? I have listened to the tracks from my ipod with headphones and it sounds perfectly fine, I have also put the CDs in my radio and they sound perfectly fine. Help plz it is driving me mad.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaphone View Post
    I had a local car shop install something into my radio because I didn't have an auxiliary port. It comes from the back of the radio and plugs into the bottom of my ipod (classic 5th edition.)
    Most of the songs sound alright but certain entire albums get a terrible fuzz on thicker parts of the songs. I've tried EQing on my radio and ipod but with such minimal options I either get the fuzz or the music sounds so muddy there is no point in listening to it. I'd say I experience the fuzz in about 10% of my collection, here is an example of a track that is really bad.

http://download.yousendit.com/373C55A0408E49FD

Is there anything I can do with my ipod or radio or perhaps the actual tracks in a program like cubase? I have listened to the tracks from my ipod with headphones and it sounds perfectly fine, I have also put the CDs in my radio and they sound perfectly fine. Help plz it is driving me mad.
    Some of the iPod integration units have issues like this. You need to go back to the manufacturer (or the installer) and register a complaint.

I had a Soundgate AUX input adapter in my Honda Pilot (several years ago) that had a very similar problem. They had me change some wiring around, but I never was able to fix it. I ended up selling it to someone else who continued to pursue the problem with Soundgate for quite some time and eventually got it working.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information