New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - Found touch... How find owner?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ogacon

ogacon has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs:  15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver

Alright. Situation. I found an iPod touch, and I have been looking at it for about 30 minutes, going through contacts (none), favorites (none), history (none, no stored passwords/accounts), email (none), photos (none), map locations (like home, but none), About (Senior's iPod... closest thing to identifying owner), No matter where I look, I cannot find any information on who owns this darned thing. It is beautiful though... looks about 2 weeks old. But I can't keep it, it's $500. I want to find the owner! aghhhhhh. But I did lose my iPod 2 weeks ago... I'm jk. I'm trying to find out, is there any 'hidden' info on these things to find the owner? I thought of using the serial number... but I doubt Apple keeps logs of who bought what serial number from them, because it could be from any reseller. Any ideas?

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
What sound does your Rooster make?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Actually if it was purchased from Apple, the chances of them locating the buyer via the serial number are actually not bad...
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

I'll try that next... cause I just went to itunes store, and pressed buy. It then said "email: *****@aol.com" and enter password. So I have his email now. Very good chance at locating.

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Agreed, if the Email does not do it for you get a hold of Apple.

It's a good thing for the owner of the iPod Touch that an honest person found it and not someone else!!
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Good for you for being honest and going through the trouble to find the owner.
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

i applaud your honesty in effort to find the owner. it is refreshing to see that you are trying to find the owner rather than starting a thread about your new ipod touch.

if you found it at a store you could always let them know you found it in case the owner calls looking for it
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

It was at an airport. Left under a chair... Someone else woulda grabbed it if I hadn't first. There were no other items around, so I'm sure they were gone, and the plane at that gate was not there.

EDIT: Turning into airport = items go into large bin. Guy buys bin, and sells all the stuff for himself. If he calls the airport I will find out as I know someone who works there, and will be seeing if someone called. If not, then I have the email, which is much more efficient, person to person.

QUOTE Thanks
LEOVAN83

LEOVAN83 is on a distinguished road

Wow, usually in Peru if you found something... it becomes yours. At least that's the common thing here, I personally wouldn't do it. I really think that you are doing a great thing, congrats man.
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

Well, unfortunately for me but fortunately for this guy I'm too determined to find the owner of a $500 item + $100 pair of Bose In Ear headphones. Dang... they sounded good too! his itunes account was not a valid email, but Apple did have his iPod's serial number registered, and therefore contacted him. Got an email about 30 minutes ago. Moral of the story. Register your items online with their serial numbers!!! I don't get why I do anything good... nothing good ever happens to me. I have opposite of Karma or something. Bah... I hate this month. I think I'm just stressed out over 100 million things. O well. Time to go buy a new iPod cause I lost mine.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You did good! I am glad you found the owner. I know how I would feel if I lost my iPod anything!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Here hoping he will give you a little something for returning it.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well done ogacon!
QUOTE Thanks
Gadgetman

Gadgetman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27", 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram

Wow! Nice happy ending story.

Darren
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

charge for your services i wouldve sent you a check for 100$ no sweat.

no really, good to hear you did the right thing, you probably arent an american seems most of us are scum these days, ah well.

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
mojonandha

mojonandha will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive

sweet. I lost my nuvi 360 last weekend in Vegas. I hope someone honest like you finds it. My home is set to my real home, so i am hoping to get my GPS in mail soon.

I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own. - Woody Allen
Join us in IRC http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/11677-mac-forums-irc-chat.html
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipod 80g - trouble spinning wheel | Could Not Be Restored - Can't Unmount?! »