New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - weird issues...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LEOVAN83

LEOVAN83 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys

I've been having some strange things happening on my touch. It's a 32gb NON jailbroken unit which I bought in March. A couple weeks ago, I was using Safari and suddenly it froze (like Windows) and the phone turned itself off... but not exactly, it stayed on the black screen with the glowing apple for like 3 minutes and then I knew something was wrong, so I pressed the sleep button for like 10 seconds and it suddenly turned on right into the Safari browser again. Then everything was normal.

This has happened like 3 or 4 times more, and sometimes it just freezes and I can't touch anything and then it un-freezes and it works fine. I've started turning the unit off when I'm not using it for a period of time and I think it kinda helps.

Is this somehow common? Cause I take extremely good care of it, it has never dropped to the ground at all, I always keep it in it's box when it's not being used and I when I use it it's probably like 3 or 4 times a week for like an hour each time, just listening to music.

The only thing I do is I use it in my car. I have a Pioneer headunit that's made for using it with an iPod, it came with a USB cable for you to plug in the iPod with it's own cable to it, so I control the unit keeping it in the glovebox with just the controls on the headunit, just like an iPod, with a wheel and stuff.

One other thing. I live in Peru, so I have the date and time setting to the Lima Peru time zone in the iPod. My computer is also set to the same timezone. Everytime I plug the unit to the computer, the timezone changes into INDIANAPOLIS... weird cause everything in my whole computer says Lima Peru as a timezone... does iTunes have a timezone setting of it's own too ?
QUOTE Thanks
LEOVAN83

anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
LEOVAN83

hello?
QUOTE Thanks
j21m2293

j21m2293 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch

Here i will address each question.......
1.I was having this same problem. Try to manually reboot (Hold Power and home button down for about 5 seconds) it or even restore it thru iTunes. I rebooted it and it seems to be working now.

2.I don't know if it is common but with iPhones I know these little bugs are common, It is such a sophisticated device it is bound to have bugs.

3. Try going into settings/general/date and time/and then maybe switch off or on set automatically.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transfering Photos | Which iPod Classic?? Cant decide.... »