New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPod Hardware and Accessories All iPod hardware discussions.

iPod Touch - iPOD Touch vs iPOD Classic? Durability Q

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Canadatron

Canadatron is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 2 Gig Ram 120GB HD

Alright I'm considering buying an iPOD mainly to listen to while I work. I've slimmed it down to the two mentioned above but I'm only left wondering about the reliability/track record of the iPODS, considering that I'm an electrician and it'll probably see a bump or two. I'm not saying I'm going to be hard on it but things can sometimes happen and I want to know which of the two might take an "accident" a little better than the other. My only concern is that the Classic uses a HD and that kinda scares me, whereas the Touch is a Flash powered POD and might take a bump a little better than a HD. Anyone have any opinions?
QUOTE Thanks
AConfire

AConfire will become famous soon enough

I think that if one of them does see damage, the one that will least benefit would be the touch.

The iPod's touch just has one big screen. If that gets damaged or cracked, then you might have to re-buy one or try and get it fixed... Not sure on the price.

The standard click-wheel model seems more durable. I haven't dropped my touch yet, and plan not to, but I remember dropping my iPod 20gb Click Wheel model a couple years ago and it continued to work fine. It was dropped a few times actually...

Hope I could help.

View my photography blog Here!
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

ogacon has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs:  15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver

Story of my iPod first gen Video 30GB.

" I was once owned by a very cool person. Unfortunately, at times he could be very clumsy. He dropped me several times. Once I was in his pocket and he was running, I flew out about 5 feet into the air spinning, landing on the cement and still alive. Then I got scared, and am currently hiding from him, he can't find me. Haha"

So, mine is durable, it just ran away somewhere. So treat it nice or it will hide from you!

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
What sound does your Rooster make?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cover Flow Question | Ipod help »